View Single Post
Old 10-22-2005, 02:25 PM   #89
ibnsgirl
H.S. Freshman Team

Hi y'all!

Don't know what to say, Butter, but I know that I can be like your wife to some degree. Mind you, I have a 16 week old, so my expectations are pretty low as to what all she can do
Nevertheless, my nights are kinda chopped-up what with feeding Lucy and everything, and sometimes I am just so blamed tired that I can hardly see straight. When I get to that point, my patience gets really short. Additionaly, when I get frustrated, same thing happens.

I'm still in the learning phase on so much of this that I get confused/frustrated/lose my perspective pretty easily. For example, Lucy and I are starting to do better at night when it is time for her to go to sleep, but it can be trying. Some things I was reading were saying that she just needed to cry it out, some that I needed to comfort her but without her sucking on something, and then some that whatever worked, including sucking, was ok. Of course, the first two methods said that if I didn't do it that way, she was destined straight for the therapist's office. Long story short, Tony has to remind me that basically I know what is right for our daughter, even if it is not necessarily mainstream (think slightly granola). The point here is that Tony often has intervene for me to redirect myself and calm down.

I doubt that anything here is helpful since I'm probably not telling you anything you don't already know, but at the very least I empathize. I don't like being around me when my patience is stressed. Keep doing what you are doing as far as setting a good example and trying to keep tensions down and by keeping the lines of communication open with your wife.
Thanks to my supporters: TonyR (SA Griffins FC), sterlingice (Houston Hippopotami), TK (Real Terps FC), the notorious pirate AE (Puke Green Sox FC), Krondor (Krondor Lancers), Dark Affair (Orient Express), and tucker rocky (Jacksonville Kickers).
ibnsgirl is offline   Reply With Quote