View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 06:03 AM   #128
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Manager Update

"You do realize you aren't going to play .875 ball the rest of the season," my wife says as she walks in to the kitchen.

I start to respond but she's gone back into the den to get our oldest son dressed in time to catch the bus. I continue reading, until my 5 year old son, Brett, runs in to give me a kiss.

"Love you dad."

"You too son, have a good day at school."

"Mom told me you won again! Way to go...Do, do, do, do...(my son has a stuttering problem when he gets excited)..do you think you'll win again tonight?"

"I hope so."

"You, you, you ...think, you, you, you....think you can win every game?" he asks with eyes as big as saucers.

"Nope, sorry son, it's just not going to happen."

Slightly deflated he say, "I think you might, you, you, you...."

...mother interrupts, "I just saw the bus go by, it's going to turn around and be here is just a couple of minutes, you better hurry." I get another quick kiss, and a "I'll see you tomorrow."

I hear the bus pull up outside and stop, and a few minutes later I hear it rumble off. My wife returns to the kitchen, gives a peck on the cheek and says, "I'm really happy for your start, but you aren't going to play .875 ball all season."

"Brett thinks I might win the rest of my games...that would give me a win percentage of 99%." I say with a sly smirk.

She stares at me as if to say, it's too early for your stupid little jokes.

"Ok, ok....I know. If we can win 2/3rds of the games we have a shot to win the division. All this start has done is to give us a few games cushion early."

She nods, and says, "I'm going back to bed. When the twins get up give them mini-wheats for breakfast."
Breeze is offline   Reply With Quote