View Single Post
Old 10-26-2005, 11:03 AM   #130
Breeze
Grizzled Veteran

FOFC - Player Update

As soon as I sit down in my chair after the Marketing meeting and the conversation with Tanner, Dick Howser pokes his head into my office, ""Gazelle has arrived."

I get up and look around for him, finally locating him in the training room of all places. Must be a sore buttocks (sorry coudn't resist the thought). "Gazelle, I know your probably pretty frustrated having not played. But Pflaggstettler is playing out of his mind right now, Tuckers been great all season and Gunner and Ton are preforming. I haven't given up on you, but your poor Spring sort of put you behind the 8 ball. I am planning to get you in against the next lefty we face - so keep your head up and be prepared."

"I've been going stir-crazy shagging flies and taking BP. I just hope my timing hasn't gone all to hell. Y'now that timing that produced two hits in the spring...

I'm ready whenever you put me in, Skip..." He responds with a smirk on his face.

I walk off feeling good that Gazelle has adopted a positive attitude. It would be easy for him to be disgruntled already, and in fact he's quite the opposite. He even has a since of humor about the whole thing. I return to my office and being looking for Williams to arrive.

Last edited by Breeze : 10-26-2005 at 11:03 AM.
Breeze is online now   Reply With Quote