View Single Post
Old 11-04-2005, 01:48 PM   #340
Pumpy Tudors
Bounty Hunter

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
yeah, the $72 is quite a hit. Don't you have Civ4 to keep you busy?

Minor detail.

Quote:
Originally Posted by FrogMan
I'd also wished we'd heard from somebody from SI today but we got nothing. FWIW, regarding it being past working hours in UK, I don't know where Graeme Kelly works from, but he posted his last update at 9:16pm eastern yesterday night, that's what, about 3am their time?

I believe GMT is only five hours ahead of North American Eastern time, which would've made it about 2:16am there. I don't know where their Sega of America contacts are, but Sega's corporate offices are on the west coast. If SI is trying to keep in touch with people in the Pacific time zone, it's no wonder that there are a few issues. That would be an 8-hour difference. I mean, as I post this message, it's 7:45pm in the UK. They're ready to start their weekends. Out on the Pacific coast, it's only 11:45am. They're just getting their day started (laid-back California folks, ya know ).

SI has been pretty committed to getting this thing ready, so it really wouldn't surprise me if they put in one more late night to try to get this resolved. Honestly, I don't think the Sega folks are putting very much effort into this. I'm starting to doubt that they've even shipped out boxed copies yet, even though their website clearly says that the game is in stores now. The Sega folks will probably find some kind of problem and not notify SI of it until 4:30pm Pacific time. That'd be 12:30am in the UK, and that probably kills the weekend hopes for everyone who's waiting on WWSM.

I'm just guessing, of course, but I think that the above outcome would cause the least surprise to me.