Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 09:02 AM   #349
PilotMan
Head Coach

And here we go again!

Melvin Horne 11-8-0(10) #6 v. Al Hardway 22-2-0(11) #7

This fight is scheduled for 10 rounds.

An offensive show, both men fought in close, and both threw big punches. Horne landed harder shots, while Hardway landed more shots. One will not survive this pace.

Hardway did a nice job pursuing Horne around the ring. I had hoped for a better defensive showing from Melvin, but he still couldn’t stop Hardway. He did land some big shots, and it makes me wonder if he shouldn’t go after Hardway and try and end this one early. I just don’t see him winning a long fight.

Round three is in the books, and the picture of the fight is of Hardway landing loads of punches, with Horne’s hard punches keeping things a little closer. Melvin is taking way more punches than I want him too, and not landing effectively enough to try and stop Hardway early. If the fight makes round 7 it will be all over. He needs to work to end it early.

Melvin was dangerously close to losing this fight. He was run all over the ring by Hardway and it appeared that he was feeling frustrated that he wasn’t able to break through his defense. Hardway was making things very rough for him, so that by the end of the round Horne was just trying to survive. He needs a big comeback now.

Round 5 was closer, and there was a tough of desperation from Melvin. He is not going to win this fight on the cards, and he needs to land more big shots, but they just are not coming for him. All he can really do is go out there and fight each round for all he is worth and hope that he can land a lucky shot. Hardway is way to accurate a puncher, and he is picking Horne apart from the outside.

Round 6 was better for Melvin. I think that he may have actually won the round. Although it looks like Hardway may have sustained some kind of injury. I will know more after the fight. For now, time is running out, and there is a big hill to climb. He is still getting tagged too much, I hope that he can just gut it out.

Round seven was like all the others. Horne unable to land the big blows, tiring, while Hardway is usuing the jab effectively and exercising his fitness advantage. There are 3 rounds left and Melvin pretty much needs a KO to win.

Round 8 showed how tired Melvin was. He landed a great flurry of punches that didn’t seem to hurt Hardway at all. Hardway, wasn’t as accurate as he could have been but was controlling the round. Out of nowhere a short left hook to the stomach buckles Hardway’s knees, and he went down, rolling around. Horne ran for the corner, and waited. ...9..10. Its over!!!!! Horne has pulled out a win, out of gas and all. He knocked out Al Hardway!

The judges actually had Melvin ahead on two cards 68-66, while the third had it 69-66 for Hardway. This is going to go down as the biggest windfall for me finanially in any one week.

This one week put about 2.6 million back in my pocket! Holy Shit!

I think that it is time for the boys to get new suits. Our reputation has to be impressive. I need to get that title. Although, I think that If Melvin ever faced Essett, he would get his ass kicked.

I think I need a break. I would have never guessed that we would have won all three fights, especially the way that my fighters won them

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote