View Single Post
Old 11-07-2005, 12:47 PM   #1
Router Help

FM2006: Ballinamallard United

Having played a full season (and failing miserably) to learn the ins and outs of FM2006, I've decided it's time to start a new dynasty. The team I have chosen to lead to glory (or disaster)? Ballinamallard United who play in the second division of Northern Ireland.

I want to play in Eurpoe and even try some international management and that is going to be a little hard to do if I stay in Northern Ireland so these are the leagues I have selected for this game:

Norethern Ireland (second divison and above)
USA (MLS)
Belgium (First Division Only)
England (Conference North/South and above)
France (First League Only)
Germany (Second division and above)
Italy (Serie B and above)
Holland (Premier Division only)
Spain (Second Division and above)

I have set my nationality as American and my favorite team is listed as Manchester City.

Now lets take a look at Ballinmallard United.

Ballinamallard United is a semi-professional club that was founded in 1975. They play at Ferney Park in a stadium that has a capacity of only 1200. Ballinmallard United actually won the second division in 2003, but they must have been relegated the next year because that is where I am starting with them in 2005. In 1995 Ballinamallard United lifted their only trophy in club history as winners of the Intermidiate Cup.

So as you can see, we're a small club, but that doesn't stop chairman Gerry Byers from letting me know that he expects us to win the division this year. Unfortunately he can't release any funds for me to pursue new players at this time. He has given me a generous $4,100/wk wage budget to work with however. This should allow me to bring in some freebies as out current wage bill is only aroun $1900/wk.

I have 4 coaches and a physio at my disposal which is quite a lot for a small club like ours. Unfortunately they all suck. I also have 2 scouts that don't look very good either.

Now to the players. . .

Last edited by Router Help : 11-08-2005 at 09:25 AM.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote