View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:25 AM   #13
Router Help

11-11-05

Lurgan Celtic accept my bid for Boyd. Boy is currently on a part time contract that pays him $40 a week, but he is asking for $400 a week. I offer a full time contract at $250 a week.

11-12-05

We enter the Irish Cup today with a 3rd round match against non league side Warrenpoint. We are listed as 1-10 favorites. I want to concentrate on promotion so I'll field a reserve side for this game.

Our Lineup:

GK: Snow
DL: O'Reilly
DC: Carroll
DC: Chambers
DR: Crilly
ML: Glass
MC: Gillespie
MC: McAuley
MR: Keenan
FC: Baxter
FC: McVitty

S1: Gray
S2: Craig
S3: McGuigan

Warrenpoint controls the play for the first 25 minutes, but can't seem to get one past snow. In the 36th minute Mcvitty scores from a free kick just outside the box to give us the 1-0 lead.

Warrenpoint answers right back by scoring on a breakaway and we go into the half 1-1.

Mcvitty misses a breakaway in the 55th minute. Warrenpoint hits us on the counter attack and we go down 2-1. My backups aren't very good.

I remove Mcvitty and put in Gray. Gray answers the call and ties the game at 2 in the 69th mintue.

At the end of 90 minutes we are still tied 2-2. Extra time!

Extra time is not kind to us as Warrenpoint scores from a free kick in the 102nd minute.

We crash out of the cup to Warrenpoint. I'm not too disappointed though.

11-14-05

Boyd rejects our contract offer. He wants a higher wage and would prefer to be part time. I leave the wage the same and offer him part time. We'll se what he says.
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote