View Single Post
Old 11-10-2005, 10:27 AM   #16
Router Help

12-16-05

Since we we knocked out of the cup so early we haven't played a game in a couple of weeks. Our game tomorrow is a biggie though as we travel to face 1st place Annagh United. Annagh have 17 pts while we are 3rd with 12 points. Wakehurst is second with 13.

Annagh's manager Nial Currie is calling the game the matchup of the season and thinks his team has what it takes to win.

I respond by saying our confidence is high and that we can take anyone. It should e a good game as we are unbeaten in our last 6 while they are unbeaten in their last 7.

12-17-05

We go into this matchup as 205 favorites.

Our lineup:

GK: Breen
DL: Keys
DC: Cathcart
DC: Craig
DR: Mooney
ML: Glass
MC: McCluskey
MC: Gillespie
MR: Leckey
FC: McManus
FC: Boyle

S1: Gray
S2: Liggett
S3: McAuley

The first half goes by without too many chances for either side. The commentary says Annagh may have been the better team, but I'm not so sure. Either way it is close.

At the 53rd minute mark with the game still 0-0, an Annagh United defender earns his second yellow card to give us a man advantage. Lets see what we can do with it.

25 minutes later we still haven't threatened so I move one of my central midfielders up into a more attacking position.

This seems to work as 3 minutes later there are just too many men in the box and McManus is able to work his way free to score the go ahead goal. 1-0 us.

Then in the 87th minute, McManus breaks free on a breakaway from a wonderful pass from Gray and scores to gives us the 2-0 lead and victory.

12-26-05

Matthew Keenan has a virus and will be out for a week or so.

12-28-05

OUr last game of 2005 and we travel to face PSNI. We are currently listed as 1-4 favorites.

Our Lineup:

GK: Breen
DL: Keys
DC: Cathcart
DC: Craig
DR: Mooney
ML: McGuigan
MC: McCluskey
MC: Gillespie
MR: Leckey
FC: McManus
FC: Boyle

S1: Gray
S2: Liggett
S3: McAuley

Boyle starts the scoring in the 5th minute with a little give and go with McManus. 1-0

3 mintues later Cathcart trips a man in the box to give up a penalty. 1-1

McManus and Boyle work their magic again with Boyle putting his second of the game in to give us the 2-1 lead in the 22nd minute.

Boyle completes his hattrick right before the half and we go into the break up 3-1.

We back off during the second half and cruise to an easy 4-2 victory as we each get one in stoppage time.

After a news item states that the jury is still out on me. While I have a decent record, I haven't made any newsworthy transactions. They do call me media friendly though!
Router Help is offline   Reply With Quote