View Single Post
Old 11-12-2005, 05:21 PM   #50
SirFozzie
Hall Of Famer

In the big game against Columbus, it's no score at half. Both teams have a feeling that they're playing not to lose, instead of to win.

I encourage them to step up and be counted in the second half. Great players make great plays.. are they great players?

I'll tell you who is a great player... Daniel Mendes. The 26 year old (who's already jumped in value to $3.2 million with us), comes out after halftime and scores his 2nd goal for us (in 2 games), with a diving header past the keeper and it's 1-0 Revs!

Columbus hits us on the counter, and boy is our defense way up field.. Buddle actually gets THREE shots at it.. save.. Post.. goal.. and with a half hour to play it's tied at 1!

With 20 minutes to go, we have a free kick. Hernandez could go for goal here, but it's a tight angle.. he swings the cross, a mess of people go up for it.. IT'S IN THE NET! It's in the net! 2-1 Revs!

I see a couple players look at each other like "Were you the one to get that one?".. it's only after the game when I review the tape that I see that Bryan Namoff accidentally headed the ball into his own net when trying to get his head on it to clear the cross out.

We look like the better side, the goal has taken it out of Columbus, despite the home fans cheering, and we are unlucky to have a third goal (from Mendes) called back on an offside..

But we'll definitely take the 2-1 win!