View Single Post
Old 11-21-2005, 06:27 AM   #995
hoopsguy
General Manager

Ardent, please do me a favor and list the post #'s as well when you quote me. That way if anyone wants to actually try and revisit the context of the post they can look it up.

Like this - Post #990
Quote:
Sure enough, he's been pointing the finger at me. I totally expected it.

Anyone who has bothered to read the last 100 posts we had back-and-forth would see that I tried VERY hard to give you the benefit of the doubt as a misled villager. But once you decided to attack every post I made it became unproductive for me to try to build a case for anyone else.

Again, post #990:
Quote:
Just ask yourself, what you be doing as a wolf? Would you let the main contributor to discussions live? If I were a bad guy, he wouldn't be alive right now, and that's that. That's what has me sold, quite frankly.

I'm not really trying to figure out why I'm alive to post at this point. I recognize that when I play an active game that I increase the risk of the wolves going after me early. But if Blade was still alive today would Ardent be going after him instead?

In terms of total post count, I'm not at the top of the list. Of course, you're full-court attack on me has kept me from working on stuff like this, but here are the raw post numbers through Day 2 (Post #783 was last one):

Blade - 128
Mr W - 71 (came into game late, add Schmidty's posts and it is 78)
Dubb - 56
RPI - 51
Hoopsguy - 48
Raiders - 48
Cronin - 43
Ardent - 35
McSweeny - 34
Barkeep - 32
SnDvls - 22
King - 21
Pennywise - 18
Fozzie - 15
Sack/Saldana - 11

Now I was away from my computer for about 24 hours earlier in the game, so my post count is a little lower because of this. But even if I had posted heavily that day would I be posting more than MrW? Certainly I would not have posted more than Blade. This "leader of the conversation" argument is really bogus. It is the kind of crappy argument you come up with when you don't have anything tangible to work with. A wolf cannot prove that a villager is a wolf. So they have to use smoke and mirrors to try and fool people into believing it.

One more time from Post #990:
Quote:
His reactions to my accusations, in my opinion, have been poor. I think he's grasping at straws.

I'm not at all surprised you think my reactions have been poor. I know that I already have your vote so I guess I don't really care what your reaction is. I do care, a great deal, about the reactions of everyone else participating in the game. You saying that I'm grasping at straws doesn't mean anything because it is your job to build fear, uncertainty, and doubt around me while the other wolf (or wolves) sit in the background unnoticed all day long.
hoopsguy is offline   Reply With Quote