View Single Post
Old 11-22-2005, 12:48 PM   #997
Ksyrup
This guy has posted so much, his fingers are about to fall off.

And as we near 1000 posts, here's an article about her that raises some of the same double-standard issues we discussed early on in this thread, this time about whether her status as a charged child molester should keep her from having contact with her new boyfriend's kids:

Petition: Lafave's a boyfriend thief, too

By SHANNON COLAVECCHIO-VAN SICKLER, Times Staff Writer
Published November 18, 2005

She may be pretty, but in at least one corner of the world, Debra Lafave isn't too popular. According to a recent court filing, Lafave - the former Greco Middle School teacher accused of having sex with a 14-year-old student - has provoked the ire of a woman who says Lafave stole her boyfriend.

On Nov. 3, Riveriew resident Lisa C. York petitioned for a restraining order against Lafave, 25. York alleges Lafave harassed her at work. She claimed Lafave could endanger her two children. York, 33, said Lafave dated York's ex-boyfriend, Andrew Beck, when they were in high school and recently reunited with him.

"When I found out who his girlfriend was, I told him I didn't want her to be around the children," York wrote. "Bottom line is I don't think she would be good for my kids right now. She isn't even good for herself until she gets help."

Lafave is scheduled to go on trial Dec. 5 on two counts of lewd and lascivious battery.

York said Lafave visited the Red Lobster where she works several times and taunted York about her ex-boyfriend.

"She told me, "I'm Andrew's first love and he would do anything for me."'

A Hillsborough court denied the petition, saying York did not show Lafave was violent with York's children. Messages left for York on Thursday were not returned.

"This is just another example of the nightmare that Debbie has been going through for the past year and a half," said Lafave's attorney, John Fitzgibbons. "Situations like this unfounded claim are rarely ever reported by the media because in domestic situations this happens every day. This just demonstrates the notoriety Debbie's case has generated."
M's pitcher Miguel Batista: "Now, I feel like I've had everything. I've talked pitching with Sandy Koufax, had Kenny G play for me. Maybe if I could have an interview with God, then I'd be served. I'd be complete."
Ksyrup is offline   Reply With Quote