Old 12-10-2005, 10:04 AM   #20
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Thumbs up December 9, afternoon & evening

$25 NLHE (1 session, 1/2 tables)
Start - $156.45
End - $157.35 (+.90)
Time - :35

I tried two-tabling for the first time in this dynasty. It didn't help very much. I didn't get the cards, and I couldn't get much started.

Table #1: After a ton of folds, I finally got KT in the big blind. Four limpers and myself saw the flop - AA4. Obviously nothing for me there. It was checked all around. Q on the turn. That brought up some interesting possibilities, if I could get a cheap card. Two checks, then a bet of $1, and a raise to $2. Obviously it's not going to be cheap. I packed it in.

Three hands later I got pocket jacks. There were two callers in front. I did the same. The blinds also called. KJ4 on the flop. Very cool; I only hope someone has a hand also so I can get paid. Everyone checked to me. I bet a buck. Only one caller. 5 on the turn - harmless. He checked and I bet $2. He called. The 8 on the river didn't help unless he had some weird hand. He checked again. I bet $4. He folded. Not bad, but not great either. Nothing I could have done differently, though.

The next hand I got KQ of spades. One limper in front. I followed. The BB checked. The flop was J54 with no spades. Not what I was looking for. I folded to a $1 bet.

Table #2: Nothing playable. The best hand I got was A8, and with an early position raise in front, it's suicide to call or reraise.

Table #3: After a few hands of inactivity, I recieved 64 of spades on the button. One limper in front. I called. The BB checked. QJ5 on the flop, with one spade. If I was going to win this, I would have to come through the back door. Everyone checked. Non-spade 8 on the turn, giving me a double belly buster. A bet of a quarter and a call. My decision. I had the odds to make the call, but didn't want to. I folded. The river ended up being a 9, which wouldn't have helped me.

And that was it.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote