Old 12-14-2005, 06:31 AM   #28
Honolulu Blue
Dynasty Boy

Thumbs down December 13, afternoon

$25 NLHE (2 sessions, 1/2 tables)
Start - $180.30
End - $176.45 (-3.85)
Time - :30

Table #1: Received AK. Four folds in front of me. I raised to a buck. Everyone folded behind me. Oh boy.

The next hand I got QQ. Three folds to me. I raised to a buck again. This time I got a caller - only one. Mixed emotions there. K52 on the flop - pretty good; not likely he has more than one pair. Hope it's not kings. I led out for $2. He folded.

Table #2: QJ on the button. With two limpers in front, I decided to do the same. The blinds also called. The flop was KQ7. It would be good for me if I was heads up, but with three other active players, I was probably beaten somewhere down the line. Minimum bet, fold, call, raise to $5. To me. This is the nice thing about having position; you often save money when you don't have the best of it. I folded.

After what seemed like an eternity, I got 53 on the big blind. There were three limpers. I checked, of course. The 753 on the flop made me smile. Bottom two pair is usually good. I decided to play cute and check. No one bet. 8 on the turn. It was getting a little risky out there; besides, I wanted my pot, so I bet out $1 and waited for action. Everyone folded but the last guy, who smooth called. King on the river. There were now three diamonds out, not that I was very worried about a flush or anything. I bet $2. He called. He showed JdTd for the winning flush. Doggone it. Gotta play those two pair hands faster.

A few hands later I got pocket 6s. There were two limpers to me. I followed. The big blind played along. The flop was 832 - not half bad. I thought about making a bet here, figuring my 6s were good. But it wasn't my turn yet. The first check was fine, the bet of $2 was not. One guy folded, then all eyes were on me. This pot could end up getting big and costly, and I may not have the best end of it. I folded, and the bettor ended up with the pot.

The next hand I got those tricky jacks. Five folds to me - bad sign. I raised to a buck. No callers. What good is it having good cards if no one wants to play with you?

Table #3: 54 in the big blind. You can probably guess what happened - four limpers and I checked. I got a small piece of the A85 flop. Not enough to feel very confident. Check, $1 bet, raise to $3, fold. No thanks. This one ended up being a huge pot with pocket 8s raking it in.
Honolulu Blue is offline   Reply With Quote