View Single Post
Old 12-26-2005, 10:16 AM   #32
Christomir
n00b

Thanks for the advice, Daedalus I've already gotten some from RL friends of mine as well and the say the same - "sell"!

Yet, I really want those 25% on next sale - in training I can see the kid has all the potential, so he is sure to show it sooner or later, once he has moved away from my squad rotation hell Heck, he has already shown it in a match or two for me, but just hasn't been able to get on any streak of good form (and I know it's primarily my fault with my crazy rotating). The question is if he is ever going to be sold by Feyenoord, so that I get those 25%. It's always, even if he becomes a star, possible that they let him go on Bosman. It's even possible that he stays with them till the end of his career and continually harasses me.LOL

There's even one other possible outcome, which has already happened to me - 7 years ago I sold Melvin van der Haar to Ajax, but he just lost more than a year, wasting his time sitting on the bench there (even in my rotation he would have had more PT), so I had to quickly bring him back. I don't like that happening to my players. If I let Silvio go, I would be happy to see him do well for his new club (just not against me).

Oh well, here is what I've decided - since I have lots of money in the coffers right now and don't need to be petty about half a million, I will re-negotiate asking for $6.25 million + 25% on next sale (I would ask for even more than 25%, if it were possible in CM 01/02). If they accept, I'll never know if it was possible to get much more, but that's the beauty of the game, isn't it?
Christomir is offline   Reply With Quote