View Single Post
Old 07-27-2015, 12:26 PM   #290
revrew
Team Chaplain

That the RNC is limiting the debate to 10 candidates based on poll numbers (!) at this point is an absolute travesty of democracy. Poll numbers at this point mean precisely jack, save for pure name recognition and celebrity.

They're really going to exclude Fiorina (the only female running and a perfect attack dog vs. Hillary)? The RNC has this prime opportunity to grab women voters, demolish Hillary even more, and they're going to toss that out the window because of some meaningless (at this early stage) polls?

The sitting governor of New Jersey? Naw, he's not going to be in the debate. Sitting governor of Louisiana? Naw. He just kicked the a$$ of 9 other candidates on stage in Iowa and is one of the fastest rising candidates in the state ... but naw, the RNC would rather have Donald Trump on stage (no slam on Trump, personally, but you KNOW the RNC hates his guts).

I swear, the DNC is run by fools (I'm using biblical language here, not just an insult) and the RNC by idiots. Here in Iowa especially, but I wonder if it isn't just a national problem, the GOP loses elections and policy battles more out of sheer stupidity and ineptitude than they do out of actually being defeated by Dems.

And I'm not even going to touch ... OK, now I am ... how the GOP leadership decided to slam Ted Cruz for giving one of the clearest, most populist, most independent-grabbing, party-expanding speeches on the floor of the Senate in my lifetime. They throw him under the bus, instead, thus proving the point that GOP leadership is so out of touch with the general populace that they wouldn't be able to feel the pulse of the nation if it was crammed up their collective a$$.

Can ... not ... believe how stupid the GOP is. And I say all this as someone who generally votes Republican.
I came to the Crossroad. I took it. And that has made all the difference.
revrew is offline   Reply With Quote