View Single Post
Old 06-12-2019, 05:06 PM   #109
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by jct32 View Post
Do you have a list of everything that is planted?
I think I posted my planning spreadsheet a while back in the thread that showed locations. I didn't follow it 100%, but it was pretty darned close. (Just about 100% for the main crops. Just moved around some of the companion plants.) Anyway, here's a list of what's out there now, divided by types:

MAIN CROPS
  • bell peppers 16 plants (4 each of red, orange, yellow, and green)
  • blackberries--6 plants, first year perennial, not expected to produce much
  • blueberries--11 plants, first year perennial, , not expected to produce much
  • broccoli--(all main heads have been harvested, but I grew a type that produces side shoots, and several of those are starting to make heads.)
  • brussels sprouts
  • cantaloupe
  • carrots
  • cucumbers (both slicing and pickling varieties)
  • garlic (vast majority is already harvested, but left a little out there to deter pests)
  • green beans (bush)
  • herbs (basil, cilantro, dill, oregano)
  • kale
  • onions (both bulb and green)
  • squash
  • strawberries--around 30 plants, first year perennials, not expected to produce much
  • tomatoes (10 varieties, 12 plants)
  • watermelon
  • zucchini
COMPANION PLANTS
(i.e. stuff growing purely to help the main crops)
  • bee feed mix
  • beneficial insect mix
  • borage
  • butterfly/hummingbird mix
  • calendula
  • marigold
  • mint (in containers only..can be super invasive)
  • nasturtium
  • radishes (white icicle)
"JUST FOR FUN" FLOWERS
(either for cutting, aesthetics, or just because uber-tall sunflowers are kewl )
  • mammoth sunflowers (per packaging, could grow to 10-14 feet high..tallest current one is maybe 6.5 right now)
  • dwarf sunflowers
  • zinnias
  • petunias
  • california poppies
  • snapdragons
  • phlox
There are also 3 pumpkins plants (at least that's what I assume they are) growing out of the compost.

I think that's everything. Only the three perennials (blueberries, blackberries, and strawberries) were bought as plants. Everything else is from seeds.

Last edited by Ben E Lou : 06-12-2019 at 05:11 PM.
Ben E Lou is offline   Reply With Quote