View Single Post
Old 04-06-2022, 01:25 PM   #1185
Sweed
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by RainMaker View Post
Picked up The Show 22. It's been like 4-5 years for me, but had the itch.

Gameplay is mostly the same. Still the same issues with outfielders covering way too much ground and infielders not covering enough. Leads to a ton of singles and few doubles/triples. Usually there are sliders that fix this but was kind of surprised to see this still a thing. I do like how they changed the throwing, but I still struggle a lot with the baserunning controls.

Graphics are off the charts on the PS5. It's staggering how realistic things look. Players look spot-on, animations are great, even the crowd looks really good. There are some cuts where someone walking by might think it's a real game on TV.

The presentation is still good, but the announcing has taken a massive step back. Looks like due to them swapping the crew this year, there just isn't a lot of audio to work from. And what is there isn't all that great. One of the problems I guess you run into when you use real announcers. Still think sports games should use voice actors.

Overall, it's fun so far. Looking forward to a RTTS with a hitter this time. The game does seem HEAVILY geared toward the microtransaction crowd, so hopefully RTTS is still good.

I haven't played since 2013(?) but I did score a ps5 on a direct sale from Sony.

Good lord this game is gorgeous. When playing one wonders what Madden could be with the right company behind it. It is a bit apples oranges when football has bodies colliding but still.. Subject for another time.

I've only played 2 exhibition games. Default veteran, I'm not ashamed of my old man button skills, they are what they are. Playing simulation, zone hitting, meter pitching, auto baserunning (to stressful for me leading to too many mistakes and unrealistic play).

The clarity of the graphics, for me, have made hitting fun. I used to spend hours trying to find a batting view I could "live with". Ps5 I rotated through defaults until I found one that seemed best for me.

Going to continue with exhibitions until opening day rosters drop. Then I'll decide how to move on. RTTS? Franchise? Hell, the game is so real I could have fun just jumping in playing random games with different teams.

I haven't notice the OF-IF issues you mention. But, I don't think I did back in the day either. Agree on announcing being limited.

One issue I have is getting the pitch from the C. I have it set to always be from the pitcher's pov so can get location. Pressure situations it wants to go to some random tv broadcast view where I get the pitch from the C but no way to see the location. I won't always use the C's call but I still want to see it now and give it a try in exhibition before playing any type of game I want to save.
Sweed is offline   Reply With Quote