View Single Post
Old 04-14-2015, 02:23 PM   #17
AlexB
Pro Starter

Quote:
Originally Posted by aston217 View Post
Oooh, I enthusiastically agree with Dutch about the special teams and weight training. ST has improved -- you can see WHO is on active duty and who isn't at a glance, but to switch a player on and off you still have to open their player card one at a time, click a button, and exit out again. Weight training has a similar issue, but it's even worse since many players can't weight train but you only know if you click.

Also with Firefly about the oddly non-working keyboard shortcuts.

In the volume mixer (volume icon in the system tray), I muted "System Sounds" for this reason. I don't miss it

FWIW you don't need to open up player cards for ST on/off. Think it's jus right clicking on the Y/N on the roster abilities screen (not got game to hand)

A similar system for weight training would be perfect, one screen with all players, their current weight & height in relation to their position, and so that you can check bulk up/trim down for everyone off one screen. If you want more detail for a position change, then not a problem in opening up the player card in that instance.

Agree having two roster screens open at the same time would be great, one for your roster, one for FAs/other teams.

Love the idea of having a template for game planning in between Rex and the current screen. I've been playing this game for 10+ years and I've spent all of 30 seconds looking at the game planning screen and thinking, nope, that looks extremely unfun. If we could have few check boxes for run heavy, run on 3rd down, mostly short passes, etc and let the game sort out the multitude of numbers that screen currently has based on the selections (which as I type can't be too dissimilar to the way the full draft preferences at the start of the game work?) i would use it definitely, but others can still use the system as is if they prefer.

Maybe having a weekly summary screen for roster moves, major injuries, includes the OPW & DPW that splashes up rather than the player having to search for this info would be great and would add immersion. Thinking about it I almost never know what is happening with other teams and injuries, but if there was a news headline that said NE starting QB XYZ broke his arm last week and is out for x weeks it would make a positive difference. Even just a list of the injuries as part of the aforementioned weekly summary would be great.

This might be more difficult, but if the almanac was update weekly rather than annually, you could also add in when major league records are broken again to add immersion. If this wouldd affect loading times too much, having an annual summary with details of new records would be a second-best option.

This annual summary could include the POYs, MVPs, All Pro teams, etc too.

As you can guess, love me a news screen! At the minute you have to look into the game world, but would be better to be in the world rather than on the outside looking in which is how it can feel atm

Similar to other posts, hopefully this is taken as constructive - the game is great, but positive changes would only improve the experience
AlexB is offline   Reply With Quote