BBCF Interactive: Brave New World

Well it finally happened ...
The ACC champ went undefeated
The Big Ten champ went undefeated
The Big 12 champ went undefeated
The Big East champ went undefeated
The Pac 10 champ went undefeated
The SEC champ went undefeated

The BCS was in shambles ... major controversy over who played for the BCS Championship. The public got what it wanted ...

A 16 Team Playoff for the Championship!

But, first the landscape of NCAA Football needed to change. The "powers that be" stated that there must be 10 conferences each consisting of 12 teams. Each conference will have a Conference Championship game. The winner of each Conferene Championship game will automatically get a seed in the BCS Championship Playoff Bracket. The remaining 6 seeds will go to the highest ranking teams left over in the BCS Standings.

---------------------------------------------------
I am not too sure how to realign the conferences. I am looking to the board for some suggestions. On one hand I would like to realign to offer more regional rivalries and on the other hand I would like to keep with some of the traditional conference setups.

Please give me some of your ideas of realigning under the rules I stated.

Thanks in advance.

How things are currently:
Code:
TEAMS BY CONFERENCE Big Ten (11) ACC (12) Big 12 (12) ---------- ---------- ---------- Illinois Boston College Baylor Indiana Clemson Colorado Iowa Duke Iowa State Michigan Florida State Kansas Michigan State Georgia Tech Kansas State Minnesota Maryland Missouri Northwestern Miami (Fla.) Nebraska Ohio State North Carolina Oklahoma Penn State North Carolina State Oklahoma State Purdue Virginia Texas Wisconsin Virginia Tech Texas A&M Wake Forest Texas Tech Conference USA (12) Mid-American (12) SEC (12) ---------- ---------- ---------- Central Florida Akron Alabama East Carolina Ball State Arkansas Houston Bowling Green Auburn Marshall Buffalo Florida Memphis Central Michigan Georgia Rice Eastern Michigan Kentucky Southern Methodist Kent State LSU Southern Mississippi Miami (Ohio) Mississippi Texas-El Paso Northern Illinois Mississippi State Tulane Ohio South Carolina Tulsa Toledo Tennessee UAB Western Michigan Vanderbilt Big East (8) Pac-10 (10) Mountain West (9) ---------- ----------- ---------- Cincinnati Arizona Air Force Connecticut Arizona State Brigham Young Louisville California Colorado State Pittsburgh Oregon New Mexico Rutgers Oregon State San Diego State South Florida Southern California TCU Syracuse Stanford UNLV West Virginia UCLA Utah Washington Wyoming Washington State WAC (9) ---------- Sun Belt (8) Boise State I-A Independents (4) ---------- Fresno State ---------- Arkansas State Hawaii Army Florida Atlantic Idaho Navy Florida International Louisiana Tech Notre Dame La.-Lafayette Nevada Temple Louisiana-Monroe New Mexico State Middle Tennessee San Jose State North Texas Utah State Troy

msugreen is offline   Reply With Quote