View Single Post
Old 10-24-2006, 04:48 PM   #2866
Alan T
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Barkeep49 View Post
Fouts -- I'm not sure it was as unbalanced as you think. It always felt like we were one decision away from disaster. As was pointed out we were scared terribely about Lathum having been spotted trying to bribe anxiety. This could have easily turned into Lathum being spotted Day 1. We had no idea what kind of seer or bodyguard was out there which made our game cautious as well. I think the fact that both sides think they were so close to disaster suggests it might have been well balanced.

heh, from the PMs I received, I had a feeling the last 5 days both sides figured they were about to lose the game every day. I think there are things that I can improve before next time I do this game though, but it was kind of fun watching people so unsure of their team's status. The day the cowboys won, Lathum sent a PM almost admitting it was impossible for the cowboys to win. One thing I liked about this game is I think you all (both the villagers and the cowboys) only scratched the surface on what clues were out there. Perhaps only 60% of the game was even fully recognized. There was alot happening every night, and many possible paths of investigation for people to pursue.

The biggest differences in this game were:

1) THe bodyguard getting lynched early
2) The sheriff locking up the seer with the brutal wolf.
3) Lathum avoiding disaster on 3 different days (day 1, day 3 and the day he revealed).

I think if those things went different, the village would have won a few days ago.
Alan T is offline   Reply With Quote