View Single Post
Old 10-19-2006, 09:27 AM   #451
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
YECCHH. Isn't this exactly the way WCW got Bret Hart involved the first time? Making him the 'special enforcer' during a match at Starrcade in 2000? Gawd I hope the similarities with Angle's career path in TNA and Bret's career in WCW stops there.

Best I can figure from the various rumors is that they're either going to feud Angle with Sting or Joe ... which means either they're going to try to position Angle as a heel OR somebody else is going to have to turn. In any event, if those rumors are correct, then the enforcer bit puts him in the right place to be in the ring with both of them, ready for the confrontation that will kick off the feud.

My guess, as of right now, is that Joe delays handing the belt over to Sting after he wins, Angle snatches the belt from Joe to give it to Sting and voila, a feud is born.

And with Joe already demanding a title shot in return for giving the belt back, a heelish Joe will beat Sting in 2-3 months and then Angle wins the feud with Joe by taking the title from him sometime between April & June. With Angle's contract reportedly containing a title guarantee in 2007, this seems about right for the way things are being paced these days.