View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 10:13 PM   #475
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Sting wins with a Scorpion Death Lock, is the new NWA World Champion. He Hulked up after Jarrett clocked him with the guitar. Earilier in the match, Angle, determined to prevent a double countout, ran in & Olympic Slammed the ref, basically making himself the special referee.

This was not pretty as main event's go. Sting appeared to have lost about 20 pounds since we last saw him in the ring, but if anything, his stamina appeared to be down as well. Both men looked pretty blown up within minutes & the crowd was booing during a rest hold & sleeper hold stretch in the middle. I'm usually a defender of the use of the veteran's at/near the top of the card but tonight the age really showed & it wasn't pretty. They cannot let Sting hold the belt very long IMO.

re: Homicide -- Thanks for the info on the history of the fork. Problem is, I've probably seen more ROH than 90% of their audience (which isn't saying much) and I hadn't a clue about it, which means it seemed random even if it really wasn't.

re: the BET faction -- I'm at a loss to know WTH they can/should do with Killings myself, and I can't really blame him for being unhappy with the lack of a role either, so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt on this angle for the lack of anything better to do with them (although I think the name is on the stupid side). Also, I'd read where Nana might not be coming after all, not sure that's right but I read it in the past week or so. And with his appearance tonight, I'm horrified to think that the Afro of Doom (aka D-Ray 3000) might be added to the stable.

re: BET faction, part 2 -- I figured the Killings approach to Skipper last week made this all but certain, but then tonight he plays the face in rescuing Lance Hoyt (who very clearly does not fit the demo for the new stable ), which had me wondering if maybe things would go in a different direction after all. {shrug} Tonight probably meant nothing, after all, Russo is booking & we're usually supposed to forget anything we've seen if need be to suit a new angle.

And, while I'm chattering away -- I was surprised that AMW did not interrupt LAX's celebration, or at least appear on the ramp or something. The "injury" to Gail Kim seems to telegraph an AMW/LAX feud (if you can call something that'll last 1 month a "feud"), it just seemed like a natural way to at least tease that a little bit in advance of the next PPV.