View Single Post
Old 10-22-2006, 10:44 PM   #479
Deattribution
College Benchwarmer

Quote:
Originally Posted by JonInMiddleGA View Post

re: Eric & Larry -- I knew about the match already, I just didn't like the mini-angle from the get go. It just seemed odd in the sense of putting this throwaway match (3 minutes or so I think) on their "Super Bowl PPV".

I don't know if I agree exactly. I'm not sure what they're supposed to be doing with him (and I'm not at all convinced they know either) but the Olympic Slam on the ref during an NWA title match rubbed me the wrong way to be honest. I guess I've just been following that belt for too long or something, but that smacked of "Sports Entertainment" to me & I would have prefered them to do a standard ref bump or something.

I figured the Eric match was just one to slow down the action a little before the next match, and I felt it worked good enough.

As far as Angle, I didn't mind the ref bit, infact I thought it was a nice twist compared to the usual predictable ref bump stuff, and I liked the fact that Angle played it straight instead of picking favorites. They already know there setting up a Angle-Joe fued, and I think instead of your usual heel vs face (I know it works well) it could be something interesting to just have two guys you want to see fight, regardless of who the bad guy is.

Overall it was just nice to watch a show and not know who's going to win, what exactly is going to happen next week ( I don't read the taped spoilers anyway) and see alot of good action. You could tell in every match that the guys wanted to be entertaining, and that's what Im paying for, entertainment.

The JJ Sting match wasn't stellar, but if you look at it for what it was, two heavyweights who never were really *great* wrestlers, I thought it was entertaining. It could have been alot better, but it could have been far worse.
Deattribution is offline   Reply With Quote