View Single Post
Old 12-11-2006, 01:17 PM   #592
JonInMiddleGA
Hall Of Famer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toddzilla View Post
Did you guys see the same PPV I did?

I won't actually see it until one of the replays this week.

But ...

-- The bikini match is downright ridiculous, offensive not so much with the angle itself but rather how badly they've botched the handling of the whole Bobby Roode angle. It seems obvious to me that he's one of the people most victimized by the return of Russo, who clearly has different ideas about how to use him.

-- They managed to overuse the VKM stuff last night. I've been pretty forgiving about the angle overall, really not all that bothered by it but that was way too much time & emphasis put on it for my taste.

-- You forgot to mention the whole baseball player angle. Mildly cute if you need filler I suppose, but I hate getting filler on PPV.

-- By the time the "PCS Series" angle plays out nobody will give a shit. Oh wait. Nobody really gives a shit now. Move Nash over to the VKM angle and keep him the hell out of the X-Division picture. Period.

-- I tenatively approve of the Styles-Rhino finish, pending actually seeing if it was executed well. Although I don't like the Styles turn (or semi-turn) and would have preferred them to keep Styles/Daniels together in the tag division, it seemed as though last night's match actually made sense & was in tune with Styles new character. Problem is, I figure Russo will expect us to forget about any heelish behavior with the next 60 days & AJ goes back to being a face.

-- I see absolutely no rhyme or reason to not doing the obvious thing in the AMW/LAX match last night. Sometimes the obvious thing is the right thing, because it makes sense. Conventional wisdom dictates that AMW goes over last night in the non-title match, with LAX winning to retain the belts next month. Instead, we get a horrific continuation of the current LAX angle
(I mean really, can they get any more heat out of this than they've already gotten? It's already probably a pretty good thing that they aren't doing many house shows, that shit could get somebody shot in some venues) AND we get the sudden return of the AMW internal conflict. And for his own good, will they please keep Konnan out of the ring until after his surgery? Most of what I've read for the past couple of months consistently says that he's risking the ability to walk again if he doesn't get the hip replacement, so it's almost asinine to me that he's even near a situation where he might get bumped right now. I can only assume that this angle is going to run a while, so write up some convoluted storyline to get him out of the picture, go ahead and (ugh) bring Senshi into the fold & rent Julius Smokes for a couple of months while Konnan heals. He can come back & dispose of Smokes to regain control of the group easily enough.

-- Killings/Hoyt vs Seratonin in the pre-show? WTF? Two former world champions stuck in the pre-show while we get Eric & Tracy in a bikini contest in the PPV? rolls eyes. Yep, Russo has got the book.

-- The 3-way for the title. I typically don't like multi-man matches for the top belt, blame that on the traditionalist in me I guess. This isn't an exception to that rule. Let Sting & Cage settle their business. Then let Abyss deal with one of them. Then move on to the next challenger. Hell, everybody knows that this is all placeholding until Angle gets the title/Jarrett returns/Joe gets at least a short title run. So don't make it any more convoluted that it needs to be. Let them chase the Title, you know, that thing that's supposed to be the pinnacle of the profession.

-- Angle/Joe. Well, it reads good. And at least they did the right thing by letting Joe go over last night. Interesting to see Angle getting heelish last night (and in the last Impact before the PPV). It's a tricky situation they've got on their hands here. Two guys that are over so much that they're going to have to really plumb the depths of despicable to turn the crowd against them. And sooner or later they're going to have to work other people. Right now though, they really seem to be head & shoulders ahead of everybody else in the company, I don't know how you separate them for very long when they both obviously need to be around the title. Eventually one of them has to take on the heel role, IMO ... since I figure saving the face/foiling the heel will be how they turn Jarrett when he comes back in a few months.