View Single Post
Old 05-19-2018, 08:21 PM   #6820
Edward64
Head Coach

Quote:
Originally Posted by Edward64 View Post
Star Wars - The Last Jedi 7.5/10

As I was watching it I realized that it was not meeting my expectations, it was really pretty boring to me and I was thinking Luke training Rey was pitiful.

However, in the last 3rd, when Rey meets up with Kylo, it really picked up and enjoyed battle with Snoke and bodyguards, and at the Rebel hangout.

Still much better than the second trilogy and looking forward to the next in the series.

Got the blu-ray today and, on my second viewing, I would score it higher at 8.5/10. I do think the last 3rd was best and think this is the best so far of the entire series (even better than Empire Strikes Back).

I liked
  • No super massive Death Star to destroy for the nth time (just a massive dreadnought)
  • Snoke's death was classic. The battle scene with his red guards was okay but really liked how Kylo offered to drop the past and partner with Rey
  • The Kylo and Luke scene was great. Sad to see Luke go but think its good to transition to Rey now
  • How the rebel ship warped into the dreadnought was pretty cool. I guess that's what the rebels need to do vs. the next Death Star.

It does bug me a little that we don't know more about Rey's parents. It may just be, as Kylo said, they weren't that important but I'm holding out hope that there is more. I don't need one to be a long lost second cousin to Darth Vader etc. but something to bring closure on their story and why they abandoned Rey.

I'm also glad they seem to be bringing back some mystery to the force vs midichlorian fiasco (from the 2nd trilogy, worst ever).
Edward64 is offline   Reply With Quote