View Single Post
Old 08-16-2022, 06:16 AM   #232
Flasch186
Coordinator

Youth Sports Parents are Awful People #10,783

RE Travel ball I've had to go a weird way if you've read my other thread about it. Due to a late start and my son's late blooming emotional control I've had to avoid exposing him to anyone of long term import. That’s been greatly improved.

Then it just so coincided with a not challenging public school nearby combined with a very good baseball private school about :30 minutes away that we would pay $20K+ per year for education AND baseball. You could argue that it sucks and is the most expensive way to allow your child to play a sport competitively and potentially grow but if we left him at the Public school, education wise, I feel like he was led down a primrose path to mediocrity academically. I was even more worried as well that the public school's bend towards "no homework" AND my son's ability to get 100's on tests & report cards without studying was setting him up for a very hard HS and college stint. Thus we're knee deep in it and I don't even know if we would've considered any of this without his baseball stuff. We didn't even know the school existed (st johns country day school) until his hitting coach had him out there a few times for lessons. It sucks because we're not rich by any stretch and $20K/yr for this was not budgeted for at all. I've given up the idea of a new car and next years vacation due to this crap LOL

Putting a New Spin on Real Estate!

-----------------------------------------------------------

Commissioner of the USFL
USFL

Last edited by Flasch186 : 08-16-2022 at 06:49 AM.
Flasch186 is offline   Reply With Quote