View Single Post
Old 07-27-2011, 11:24 PM   #105
sabotai
General Manager

Big Time Wrestling
Week 4, April 1988

Attendance: 1,866

(The Show Begins....)

Coss and Savage Hype the upcoming match between Curt Hennig and Rick Martel from the comfort of their announcers table. (C-)

Ron Bass comes out to the ring to tell the audience how great he is. (D)

Rick Rude vs. Shane Douglas
In a bout that had solid in-ring action but not much in the way of heat, Rick Rude defeated Shane Douglas in 9:50 by pinfall, illegally using the ropes for leverage. (D+)
Rick Rude and Shane Douglas have great chemistry, and it showed in their performances.

Sid Vicious vs. 2 Cold Scorpio
In an extremely poor match, Sid Vicious defeated 2 Cold Scorpio in 5:44 by pinfall with a Power Bomb. (E-)

Brady Boone vs. Scott Levy
In an extremely poor match, Brady Boone defeated Scott Levy in 6:50 by pinfall. (E+)

A video plays hyping Curt Hennig vs. Rick Martel. (C-)

Curt Hennig vs. Rick Martel
In a bout that had great heat and good action, Rick Martel defeated Curt Hennig in 13:38 by submission with a Boston Crab after interference from Doctor Claw. (C-)
Doctor Claw did some good work at ringside.

Final Rating: D+

Rick Steiner resigns at $700 PPA, $200 less than his previous contract.

A short rundown of the storylines, since a few of them just ended abruptly as a few people left.

Rick Rude Push - several steps in. Heat: D+ After a few more wins, he'll have a short feud with Brady Boone.

Bass and Bigalow - Just started. They'll feud over the TV Title for awhile. Heat: D

Hennig and Martel - Just started. While Windham occasionally defends against random heels, I'm using this to hopefully build these two guys up. Maybe I'll have Martel win the title at some point soon and have Hennig and Martel feud over the title. Heat: C-

I might have Stan Lane and Rick Steiner feud as well. And possibly find another midcard storyline or two.
sabotai is offline   Reply With Quote