View Single Post
Old 07-01-2023, 11:48 PM   #28
Radii
Head Coach

Saturday:

Game 1: 6 Invoker game. I kept my outs for kaisa available but Invoker was uncontested. I easily top 4'd even without finding any 3 stars. Invoker is a comp that carries Karma, a 3 cost unit. These comps usually require you to 3* a few units to win. Since I didn't, I went out 4th, but that felt very solid. 4th: +10 LP - (P1 34 LP)

P1 = plat 1, tracking my current spot.

Game 2: Azir/Lux, I had a void opener and thought I was playing sorcs of some kind or going to try to transition it into Ionia/Kaisa, but I hit an Azir in stage 2 and ran with it. 3rd: +20 LP (P1 54 LP)

Game 3: 6 sorcs with lux carry. I couldn't 2* my Jarvan, critical front line unit, because someone else 3*'d it. I was in 3rd almost the entire match but everyone hung on with 5 health or less, I ran into the 3* jarvan and then the other top 2 player and went out 6th. Really bad luck there I think. 6th: -20 LP (P1 34 LP)

Lets make a note that 6 sorc/lux is not on my list of comps in my strategy. That doesn't mean I shouldn't or "can't" play it, but if I end up in a similar spot again I should consider if I really need to play something that I'm not practicing quite as much, or if I can find a way to pivot into something else that is something I'm working on more actively.

Game 4: Attempting to play Aphelios, took augments that gave me a TON of AD, and never hit aphelios. Played Zeri, who got nerfed into the ground. It's a frustrating 6th. 6th: -20 LP (P1 14 LP)

Definitely break time, not just b/c I'm not doing so hot, played some with a buddy on my alt so I need a reset regardless!

Game 5: Another sorcerer board like in game 3. I hit the Think Fast augment on 4-2 which allowed me to 2* my entire level 7 board, including critical 4 costs Jarvan and Lux. That let me coast into a top two, unfortunately even though I went level 9 and capped my board pretty well I couldn't beat the Ionia player. 2nd: +33 LP (P1 47 LP)

Game 6: Hit Kaisa 3, win game. 1st: +45 LP (P1 92 LP)

Game 7: Played Aphelios, was pretty dead set on that from the start, hit it decently well but couldn't 2* my front line and just fell apart. This comp needs a little more stall than the other top comps to do well and I couldn't provide it. 7th: -34 LP (P1 58 LP)

I'm a bit too tired to play my best so we call it here. I did gain some LP but it was minimal. A lot of days will be like this though, ups and downs ending up mostly where we started. I'm slightly annoyed that it's happening in Plat, but I'll get there.

For reference, my current rank of Plat 1, 58 LP is rank #14,675 in North America and is in the top 2.4% of players in the region. For the standards I want to hold for myself I want to see that improve ASAP, but it's not bad.

For additional reference, I ended the last set rank #3692, in the top 0.49% of players.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote