View Single Post
Old 02-15-2007, 11:47 AM   #280
aztarheel
High School JV

From the Desk of Steve Victory, Cal Basketball Coach

Tuesday, March 9, 2032

Hello hoops fans from high above the Earth. We’re on our way to Denver now for the first round of the NCT tournament. What a magical time. You should see the looks in my players’ eyes. They’re all glowing, like Christmas morning or something. This is definitely the best part of the year – I live for this.

Here is how the 2032 NCT is shaping up:

As expected, we got the #1 seed from the West Region. Our first foe is Middle Tennessee State. Don’t know much about them, but we’ll know soon enough. We’re in the same bracket with St. Louis (8) and Providence (9). I remember Providence very well. They rolled over us two years ago on their way to a national title. I consider them a very dangerous “lower” seeded team. But one we’ll welcome if we can get past MTSU...

Colorado is the #2 seed in our region. Arizona is #6.

The other #1 seeds are Syracuse (East), Pittsburgh (Midwest) and N.C. State (South). Good job, Brother Sheriff… My little bro and I are #1 seeds again… Let’s see if we can do something with it this year… Can you imagine – Cal vs. State in the NCT title game? The family would go nuts, especially Daryl. Who would he cheer for? Probably neither of us.

UCLA is a #2 in the East. Arizona State is a #8 and Stanford is a #11 in the Midwest. Washington made the ACT along with a couple of my former haunts, Alabama and Central Florida. Nothing for Charleston this year… Can’t see why Alabama can’t build a more solid program… Michael Bliss is a great coach – I know he was a stellar coach on the floor when he played for me…
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote