View Single Post
Old 02-20-2007, 10:08 AM   #293
aztarheel
High School JV

From the laptop of Kyle Jacobson, Cal Basketball Player

Nov. 2, 2032

Seven points. Eight rebounds. Two blocks.

That was my line from our intrasquad game two nights ago. Pretty average, eh? I really didn’t help my case for landing a starting job, now did I? Well, I’ve just got to keep working at getting better. It did feel good to be on the floor again in front of a big crowd.

Hello all. Kyle Jacobson here again – the 7-1 redshirt senior center – continuing the story of our coach Steve Victory and his 30th season on the bench. We are now nine days away from the season opener in the Hawaii Classic in what we hope will be a three-game victorious stretch in the Aloha State. Our first foe is Nebraska, and we started looking at film on them today. Being from Colorado, I never really liked the Huskers, so I look forward to pounding them on our way to an NCT title!

My teammates gave me some hassle for my last post because I only gave props to a couple of them. So, before I get my size 18 high tops stolen again (I know it was you Adam Dunn), I’d better mention our entire 2032-2033 Cal Bears lineup. We’re going all the way folks!

Starting at point guard will be Pat Matthew. He’s a senior from Sacramento and is a co-captain with me. We really missed Pat Man last year in the tournament (he tore his ACL late in the season). We would have won the NCT had he not gone down. Anyway, he’s back, the knee is solid and we all really look for him to lead us.

Senior James Bennett and junior Adam Dunn (aka the shoe-stealer) have been battling for a couple seasons for starting jobs at shooting guard. It’s still a toss-up at this point, but I think JB will get the nod.

Senior Scott Ward will take over for departed All-American Miran Lekivicius at small forward. Don’t tell Leki, but I think Scotty can be just as good or even better than Leki was last season. Scott is a 6-8 machine and can throw some dunks down, baby! He had 34 points in our intrasquad game, and a lot of us just couldn’t help but stand by and watch as he created magic on the court.

It’s me and juniors Peter Madic and Othella Williams battling for starting jobs in the post. Pete and Big O are the more traditional sleek, strong post players that Coach likes, but I’m not going to give up a starting job in my senior year without a fight!

Our bench is strong as well, and we’re looking at getting some vital PT from sophomores Chris McKamey (SG) and Cameron Tolliver (SF) and freshmen Terrence Myles (SF), Jovan Vitas © and Gerald Jordan (SF). Jo-V and Terrence redshirted last year (and Jo-V still carries my bags by the way – ha!). We’re redshirting PG Cy Billet this season with the hopes that he will be one of our point guards of the future. Cy Borg’s got some moves but he’s still raw...

The preseason magazines are calling our talent level “Superior.” I have to agree. But, as Coach likes to tell the press, we’re just going to take things one game at a time. Ha, that’s the first time I’ve ever said that…

Well gotta run. I’ve got an eight-page sports med paper to get ready for tomorrow. Everyone on our team except for Cy has a GPA of 3.23 or better by the way. Until next time. Cheers

KJ
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote