View Single Post
Old 03-05-2007, 10:21 AM   #299
aztarheel
High School JV

From the laptop of Kyle Jacobson, Cal Basketball Player

Thursday, Nov. 25

Happy Thanksgiving, hoops fans. We just got finished chowing down on a serious turkey dinner in the athlete’s cafeteria, and some of us are off to watch the Cowboys-Dolphins play their annual Thanksgiving Day clash. The Lions killed the Bears in the early game something like 38-14.

Anyway, I wanted to catch you up on the latest happenings in Cal basketball. Well, we’ve put that Nebraska loss behind us in a big way. We’re playing the way we knew we could all along.

We destroyed Manhattan in an ESPN game 82-52 — nothing like our NCT game last year. Then, two nights later we destroyed LA Lafeyette 85-46 in our home opener. The day before Thanksgiving, we entertained Colorado – the team I cheered for as a kid – and we mauled them as well 89-53. Things feel a lot better in Cal country right now than it did after Nebraska.

I had my best game vs. Colorado. I only scored 4 points against Lafeyette and Manhattan, but pumped in 8 points and had 7 rebounds against the Buffs. I made 4-of-5 shots. OK, OK, so it’s nothing special and won’t get me named player of the week or anything, but for someone who had been struggling all season it felt good to get the shots to go down… Scott Ward was our hero against Colorado, scoring 31 points and adding 16 rebounds. Man, he’s fun to watch!

We’re totally pumped about our next game. Tomorrow we fly out to Alabama to face Coach Victory’s old team, the Crimson Tide. One of his former players, Michael Bliss is now the ‘Bama coach. Victory has been extra intense in practice the past few days getting us ready.

Maybe I’ll make my 3-pointer against the Tide. Ha ha! I haven’t tried one yet, but I’m still holding out hope coach won’t bench me if I get off a good three-point attempt in one our blowouts…

Until next time. Cheers

KJ
aztarheel is offline   Reply With Quote