View Single Post
Old 11-13-2017, 04:39 PM   #265
Brian Swartz
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesapeake
You did well to gain a draw after being outnumbered by more than 2 to 1.

*Bow*. If nothing else, it will make things somewhat more interesting for the next bit going forward.

Weapons Reference updated.

** Both types of Springfields have somewhat increased availability.
** More Sharps Model 1855s, the one most of our skirmishers use, are also available. We'll need them.
** Similarly, we have access to increased numbers of low-level cavalry and artillery weaponry. No significant change in those of higher-quality that are harder to come by, and no new weapons available. Given the quick turnaround here, that's understandable.

Officers

This needed immediate attention. Literally half of I Corps needs a new officer -- if you include the two brigades that no longer even exist. Col. Gerald Moody goes back to his unit, the one obvious choice. 14 new officers are available in the Barracks, from which we will need to replace Race/Kemper/Scales and then get new guys for the new units. That'll still leave nine, so that's fine.

For the two infantry units I chose the cheapest ones I could, as they are too small now to worry about any command limitation and I'm sure their wounded commanders would prefer funds go into new recruits and weapons. For Scales, I thought it best to get someone as similar to his skill as possible, so that we would be able to have a seamless transition when he returns. Good news is that you guys are only out for this one battle instead of a longer campaign. With these in place, I can say that half of the surviving I Corps brigades earned a unit promotion, so there will be some new perks to pass out. And there certainly won't be any need to add supply for a while. On that front we did well at Gaines' Mill -- nobody ran out of ammunition. That's pretty much it in terms of good news, but it is something.

Last edited by Brian Swartz : 11-13-2017 at 04:40 PM.
Brian Swartz is offline   Reply With Quote