View Single Post
Old 10-05-2006, 06:56 AM   #44
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

We've got Conyers coming up in Week 11. I thought the Condors would be down a bit this year, but I never thought they'd be facing elimination in the Southeast in the 10th game of the season, but they stand on the brink of just that if we win today. QB Chris Donaldson went down with a knee injury (questionable) a few weeks ago, and they've chosen to sit him. He's up to probable now, and they're two games off the Wild Card pace, so I wouldn't be surprised to see him suit up.

This is another scary one for us. On paper, we should win, but we're on the road, and the Condors have a talented squad.

On another note, it was discovered that WR Tyrus Shaye broke a league record against Fort Worth that he continues to extend: Shaye has a TD catch in 11 straight games, an IHOF record. (Jerry Rice holds the NFL record at 13.) Shaye has 13 TD catches, easily in first in the league. It looks like he'll annihilate the league record of 15 in a season, and he's in position to become the first wide receiver to lead the league in touchdowns.

Shaun "The Solution" Duncan also is beginning to take aim on a couple of league records. His 26 TD passes and 116.5 QB rating are both on target to be record-breakers, if he can keep it up.

As far as our long-term prospects for the year, clearly we've adjusted them. #1 seed in the playoffs and a first-ever IHOF Bowl appearance both appear to be definite possibilities now. Barring major injury to Duncan, the division title should be pretty easy to wrap up, given that we have a three-game lead, the tie-breaker advantage, and a relatively soft schedule remaining. Even if we only go 3-4 the rest of the way, the Gridlock would have to go 7-0 to win the Southeast. The biggest threat to the #1 seed appears to be Vicksburg, the only team we've lost to. The Vipers do have to play Ann Arbor and Maassluis, but both games are at home.