View Single Post
Old 03-29-2010, 11:27 PM   #424
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeavyReign View Post
Prep schools have become huge and that's where some of the difference in perception comes from I'd think. If you look at it from the standpoint of schools going and getting players that haven't really been to the US, then Balldog is right. When looking at the game I tend to think of all foreign players in the same group whether they came to the US a year or two early or not. Since the game doesn't model prep schools, I just leave everyone in their home country. There is a similar issue with JC players now. You don't see good players going to JC's in basketball. Players who are going to have an issue qualifying end up at prep schools as well.
JC's as the substitute for Prep Schools I don't really have a problem with... if there's one aspect missing, it's AAU Teams and pipelines. Half of UMass recruits since Kellogg was hired as coach are from DC Assault. Apparently BABC's (the main Boston team) director doesn't like Kellogg (or UMass since he's a Nike coach and we're a Reebok school), so we never get players from them, but the Springfield Playaz coach is an old HS teammate of Kellogg's.

It would be a lot of work and thinking to get a system included that modeled the summer league scene (you could scout certain tournaments instead of individual players, maybe juniors were shown too). I'd also understand if you want to use the Jim Gindin "It's not entirely accurate, but it's how recruiting works in the TCY world" defense. Either way, now's definitely not the right time to try and overhaul a major aspect - just release the game - I've got 3 4* and 1 3* in a UMass recruiting class and need to see how they turn out.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-29-2010 at 11:28 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote