View Single Post
Old 03-30-2010, 05:40 PM   #437
BishopMVP
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by muns View Post
Im going to jump in here and say I think this is one of the biggest changes from FBCB to FBCB2.

You can go after 1 star and 2 star recruits and have them end up being great players by the time they are juniors and seniors. That part of the game has been revamped. So you dont have to just target 3 star recruits anymore when your at a lower prestige school to get great results. You can find a lot of hidden gem/ under recruited players that can become stars if you go that route.

Its a blast now in my opinion taking a lower rated school and trying to stick with them to see how good you can get them without going crazy when you loose one recruiting battle over a 3 star kid.
I've noticed that in the one season demo when I'm running through some test runs with really low prestige teams like Loyola Marymount - who knows how accurate my scouts are, but I've seen green potential guys as low as the 1100/1200's iirc. I'll throw a couple red/green guys in spoiler tags. (Sorry about the lack of formatting - I assure you the post guys have the potential in the right places (INS/DRB/PSD) and I didn't post the one that had a 60+ handle and PRD but no inside game.)

Spoiler
Spoiler
Spoiler
Now, of course, the big question I can't answer is how much of that potential you can actually reach when you're at a low program (stamina seems easy enough to bump, as it should be), so maybe hedge your bets with some JC players like this green/blue guy #242
Spoiler
But you can even find diamonds in the JC ranks - this guy was yellow/green #771
Spoiler
I've even seen HS red/blues as low as #441
Spoiler

Obviously the color block is shorthand, and you can plug in much worse players into specific roles, but even within how the game rates its players it doesn't match up 100% with the rankings. I'm gonna run through another test soon with a high prestige team, hire the best scout and ignore the assistant and recruiter, just scout 30 guys a week and see what I can get.

One other thing with recruiting I'd forgotten about - the amount of guards that are around December-on. I'm assuming this is mostly a product of the AI going after big men first, but it's always weird to see like 70 point guards, 20 shooting guards and 3 each of SF/PF/C in the best remaining 100 players.

Last edited by BishopMVP : 03-30-2010 at 05:45 PM.
BishopMVP is offline   Reply With Quote