View Single Post
Old 11-24-2009, 12:45 AM   #127
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Hurrying down the steps away from the Bath Hall, I enter the Saadi-tas-Ouda, or the Square of the Dead. The flagstones are jet black and various pikes across the square have heads in varying states of decay of criminals along with the crime committed. There are thieves, pirates, murderers and traitors. However, I see a sight that chills me.

Impaled on a pole in the head of the Vassagonian envoy whose only crime was, um, nothing. Around him I see the heads of the entire galley crew that brought me here from Port Bax. On every one of their foreheads is branded the word Traitor.

Anger roils inside of me. Despite my current condition, I intend to see justice done.

As I continue, I see a sign that marks an Herb Warden. Since I need Oede, I decide to head in.

She welcome me and asks how I can help. My arm is beginning to turn a blue tinge. I say I need Oede herb, and she looks sadly at my arm.

I cannot help you,' she says sorrowfully. 'Oede is now a very rare and precious herb. I would have to sell my shop and all my possessions in order to buy just one small pouch of Oede. There is only one man in Barrakeesh rich enough to possess this herb--the Zakhan.'

She tells me that the north gate guards can be bribed, but only the Zakhan has it. She pulls out some healing items to see if I want any. I do not, I have four Laumspur pots already. I thank her, and she wishes me luck.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote