View Single Post
Old 01-05-2008, 12:04 AM   #71
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Awards by me:

Offensive PotY: Tyrus Torres. Receiving and rushing, he did it all, and he was by far our most productive offensive player. I could look at Reeves, Patchet or Yoo, but I think Torres earned this

Defensive PotY: CB Robbie Ramon. I agree that MLB Raymond Turnbull was one of our best players on our defense as well. However, Ramon was fourth on our defense with tackles from the corner position, he added five picks, 6 passes defensed, and was our best guy in the secondary. I was disappointed with him out of camp, but no longer. If he can kepe this up while others get better, I’ll be very happy.

Special Teams PotY: Tyrus Torres. With two KR TDs and a great return average, Torres was our best player here as well.

Heart Award: Jonathan Buchanan. This award is given to a player who really played their heart out and went above the call of duty. With a KR TD, 6 passes defensed and 6th on the team in tackles from the dmeback position, he had a great season. If your corners should not be getting 4th in tackles, your dimebacks definitely shouldn’t be getting 6th in tackles. Add that tied for second in passes defensed with the starting corners and add the KR TD and you have a great performance by an underrated player. The pride of North Carolina A&T.

Final Record 5-11.

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote