View Single Post
Old 05-24-2018, 12:07 AM   #1
Izulde
Head Coach

It's Golden Frog Time! (FM16 Real Maracas)

So I was getting bored with the whole amateur, sign a bunch of grey guys who dominate, promote, etc. in European leagues. After scrounging around, I found Claussen's World Megapack update and after installing some leagues, decided to head to Trinidad & Tobago's Super League (the second division), because I found the best.logo.ever. there. (One of my best students at UArk was also a Trinidad and Tobago native who was a rising star for their national volleyball team before they got hurt).

Is that not the coolest logo you've ever seen?!

I don't know what their actual nickname is, or if they even have one, but I'm calling them the Golden Frogs.

As you might expect with a league of two divisions, they're already a semi-pro team, and the situation is uh... interesting.

Code:
Team Value: $24k Average Ticket Price: $14 Average Season Ticket Price: $71 Season Ticket Holders: 80 Stadium: 700 capacity (Owned by the council) Basic Corporate Facilities, Training Facilities, and Junior Youth Coaching Poor Youth Facilities Average Youth Recruitment Balance: $2,279 Payroll Budget: $6k Transfer Budget: $0 Media Prediction: 10th of 15 teams - Bottom 3 relegate, Top team promotes

We have two players under contract, a 31 year old DC Hayden Vincent who looks amazing and is making $2.5k this year and a 26 year old DC/ST Marvin Manswell earning $3k. Together, they comprise almost our entire wage budget.

So I might see if I can sell off Manswell, but realistically, we're looking at a season where I'm not even going to bother reporting on anything until youth pulls come in. In fact, I'm going on vacation until the youth pulls arrive.

Annnnnd I overshoot the youth pulls by a month, then say fuck it and sign everyone my way too expensive $10k a year assman says we should. At this stage, it's early April, and the table looks like this:

With 28 matches, I can pretty much do whatever the fuck I want for the last 4 games of the year. We're safe from relegation. Board is pissed that we're at $18,000 in salaries after all the youth signings, and I'm just like *shrug*. Oh, and we'll be up over $20k once the remaining youth guys sign and bring us to 15.

Oddly enough, we're making money for the season, because the club is amazeballs at fundraising - $90k so far this year in that category. Our payroll will shoot up next season as a result, and I can cut some of these 12 youth guys easily. We're also lopping off $5.5k in salaries next year because neither of the original two dudes will be back.

I'm not going to break down these guys at length just yet - remember, more to sign, plus I want to just throw them in to my first true formation - what has become one of my primary formations through the FM16 dynasties: 4-1-3-1-1 DM.

@ P/Palo Seco (4th)
G: Dwayne Charles
D: David Stewart/Marvin Manswell/Hayden Vincent/Akil Scotland
DM: Trent Cummings
M: Jamal Romano/Bradley Delice/Michael Lewis
AMC: Shaquille Leslie
S: Darren DeFreitas

70 - That's some bullshit. He was fucking offsides! 0-1

We played about as ugly as you'd expect us to, and of course, Darren DeFreitas, whom I consider our best prospect gets hurt first game and is out 5-6 weeks.

vs Guaya United (5th)
G: Dwayne Charles
D: David Stewart/Akil Scotland/Hayden Vincent/Akil Marshall
DM: Trent Cummings
M: Jamal Romano/Bradley Delice/Michael Lewis
AMC: Shaquille Leslie
S: Marvin Manswell

At the half, Scotland shifts to DR and Nicholas Richards is in at DC. I stupidly didn't see the auto-lineup put the grey guy in at goalie, so he's pulled for Charles

67 - Richards hoofs a long ball down the middle of the pitch to Manswell. Three defenders are on him in the right half of the box, so he passes left into space, and surging forward is Leslie for the loft shot over the outstretched arms of the keeper's head!!!! 1-0

72 - Richards intercepts a ball and starts a counter move capping in Lewis on the right wing centering to Delice in space. A horde of defenders is swarming on him, so he passes into the box space. Manswell is first and beats the keeper on the 1v1 for his obviously team-leading 13th goal of the season 2-0

74 - Eh 2-1

76 - WHAT THE FUCK?! WHTY THE FUCK ARE YOU HELPING THEM OUT YOU SHITTY ASS BAR?!?! FUCK YOU!!! 2-2

Heartbreaking to come so close to a huge upset, only to let it slip away. Still, we got the point we mathematically needed to stay up with two games left to play.

WASA - Water & Sewage Authority - which is as hilarious a team name as I've seen in FM, clinches the title.

Akil Scotland is very quickly getting on my shitlist. He's been a major part of why we've failed to pick up more points the last couple games. My assman thinks we need to keep him, but my assman can go to hell.

Last two games next time, because I'm sick of being in front of a computer all damned day.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)

Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote