vs P/Palo Seco (11th)
G: Kevin Mussio
D: Devon Young/Kirt Lewis/Hayden Vincent/Marvin Thomas
MC: Everald Coker/Kevin Jamerson
AM: Damian Pino/Kyle Morgan/Colin Williams
S: Dwayne Alzola

34 - Fucking corners 0-1

42 - Horrendous defending 0-2

49 - Jamerson moves to AMR, Cummings in at CM, Samuel replacing the absolute ass Morgan at AMC

83 - Coker intercepts and hoofs it right to Jamerson. He dribbles into the box and crosses to Pino, but it's too little, too late. 1-2

We played tons better in the second half and frankly should have been able to get at least a draw, if not a win.

I splash $500 down in compensation and $5.5k a year in coaching salary to bring in a guy to rework our training so that Fitness areas are both at 2.5*. If that doesn't satisfy the whiners, I don't know what will.

@ Barrackpore (11th)
MC: Kevin Jamerson/Kowyn Samuel
S: Dwayne Alzola

31 - We'll take that double yellow!!!

54 - Peltier and Cummings in for Alzola and Samuel respectively. Is this where we just admit we made a mistake with Alzola and try to dump him in the offseason?

64 - Williams dribbles down the right flank, and on the center, Peltier powers in the header to finally go up 1-0

76 - Cummings passes left to Williams outside the box, and the delivery to Peltier later, we've got insurance and I think the choice is clear. 2-0

It took us a while to get going, but Akim Peltier's 2 goals off the bench translated into an 8.6 rating and Colin Williams had a breakout 7.9 game.

Welp that attempt to get rid of Dwayne Alzola bombed miserably. He doesn't want to leave and no one else wants him, either. I'd really like to clear that $8,000 dead weight off my books.

vs Malabar (2nd)
S: Akim Peltier

3 - Williams to Morgan on the short pass, and then the AMR runs ahead into the box. He and Jamerson are facing off against two defenders, with Morgan's pass hitting the latter. Lateral left, and Peltier beats the defense for the score 1-0

60 - Jamerson to AMR, Samuel at AMC, and Cummings is in as the attacking MC

81 - Fucking terrible kick by Mussio. Right to them 1-1

I'm going to be honest - we didn't deserve to draw that game, much less come close to winning.

I lock up most of my staff for next season with minor pay raises. One coach and Kowyn Samuel will be playing elsewhere next year, however. He's willing to take a small paycut, but his physical attributes, which were never great to begin with, are already declining and he's 34.

@ Police B (9th)
S: Akim Peltier

12 - Thomas throws into Morgan despite the double team. He gets it to Williams in the box. Shot between two defenders is deflected, but Williams sinks the rebound for his first ever Golden Frog goal!!! He's a guy that took a while to acclimate, but I saw something in him and stuck with it. Really great payoff as he's adjusted 1-0

34 - Jamerson lays off right to Williams for the dribble into the box, and on the center, Jamerson rises high to smash in the header!!! I had hopes the shift would eventually start working 2-0

42 - Morgan somehow dodges the sliding tackle and passes to Pino in the box. Our left winger doesn't like the double team, so he kicks back to Morgan for the first touch to Jamerson in the half circle. Loft shot goes in!!! 3-0

55 - Mussio with the v.v. stupid own goal 3-1

58 - Jamerson to Peltier for the right side give to Williams. Pass forward to Morgan, and he hits Peltier in the box for our youth pull's 5th goal of the year already! 4-1

65 - With the game well in hand, Spann will get his first action at AML, and Theobald will sub in for Lewis

75 - If we blow this, I'm going to fucking scream 4-2

87 - Morgan to Jamerson to Williams in the box. Just as the defender closes in, he lofts the mid-range shot that finds the net!!! 5-2

Our most complete victory of the season, and with 3 games left, we'll finish somewhere between 5th and 9th most likely (currently 6th). For a team that was supposed to be in a relegation fight, that's an excellent position - especially since I'm only spending about half the wage budget.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote