View Single Post
Old 06-18-2018, 02:59 AM   #36
Izulde
Head Coach

Note: Luke Simon had a 7.2 off the bench last game that I forgot to mention. Cool tidbit ahead of the next match:

Keep doing stuff like that kid, and I'll keep you here as long as possible.

vs Celtic (ATG) (8th)
G: Bo Luke
D: Brentton Kirwan/Anderson Derrick/Lloyd Simon
DM: Randolph Abraham
M: Marc Jarvis/Eugene Jeremy
AM: Alric Cochrane
S: Junior Cochrane/Chesley Willett/Quinton Kirwan

So we've ANOTHER game two days after this one - meaning we're playing 3 matches in a week. We've got a *lot* of tired players, and are being forced to play Brentton Kirwan and Marc Jarvis at suboptimal energy.

5 - We're playing like shit against gassed players 0-1

26 - Bullshit PK, but Luke saves it

37 - Jeremy flares it to Junior Cochrane on the left side of the box. Two defenders on him, but he shakes them off enough to center it, where Alric Cochrane picks it up and slots it in for his first goal of the year 1-1

53 - Now it's us who are awarded a PK, and Willett fakes out the keeper to put us up! 2-1

58 - Jarvis is exhausted, so tired Renhaldo-Martin who is also not in the best energy shape, but lots better, comes in.

66 - Henry replaces tired Willett, though I'm pissed Kirwan just blew a sitter

We had about 9,000 different chances to add our tally, but are forced to accept the one goal win. Alric Cochrane's PotM-winning 8.1 and Anderson Derrick's 7.5 bailed us out as we failed to finish properly all night long.

To describe how huge that win was - we're now 5 points up with 2 games to play and we suddenly have a shot at potentially catching not only Piggots Bullets but sniping the auto-promotion spot from Freemansville, though we obviously need help there.

vs Bassa SC (7th)
G: Lloyd George
D: Lloyd Simon/Molvin Hughes-Mason/Janiel Santiago/Walter Williams
M: Luke Simon/Elvis Williams/Jermaine George
S: Kelly Nesbitt/Kelly Matthew/Calaum Henry

We patch together a lineup that has only 82% Lloyd Simon as the tired one, though some guys are just barely above the 90% margin. Win here, and we head to at least the playoffs.

4 - Santiago intercepts as they're threatening and booms the ball all the way down the right flank to Henry. Into the box goes the pass, and Matthew has to juggle it a bit before trapping, shooting, and scoring! 1-0

9 - Henry has three defenders triangling him, but there's a gap and he delivers it to an ahead Nesbitt in the box, and there's the insurance goal against his former club! The announcers go into raptures, talking about how he punished his old team and how that was one of the big talking points leading up to the match 2-0

23 - Hughes-Mason tackles the ball away as they're about to score. Jermaine George picks it up and passes to Henry. Blasting ground pass bounces to just outside the half-circle and flying Nesbitt grabs it, showing everyone his cleats as he crushes the opposing keeper for his second goal!!!! 3-0

46 - Nesbitt has it in the middle of their half and he's dribbling right when he plays out to Jermaine George on the right wing. Dribble, cross, and Nesbitt slams in the hat trick header on the second half's opening kickoff!!! 4-0

50 - Embarrassing. Lloyd George should have stopped that one. Kirwan the also tired goes in for Lloyd Simon at DL 4-1

62 - Farrell in for Elvis Williams, because I don't want to risk a double yellow and he's tiring anyway

75 - If we piss this away, I'm going to throw shit 4-2

Kelly Nesbitt's 9.5 is obvs PotM, with Calaum Henry at a surprise 8.7, Jermaine George with an 8.3, and Kelly Matthew narrowly missing making it an all-7.5+ striker game with 7.4.

We've clinched a playoff spot and are in 2nd place on GD with one match to go!!!!!!

But of course, Piggots Bullets has a game in hand on us and is just 1 point behind.

Kelly Matthew played hurt and is out for a week. I hope our next match isn't until he's ready to go again.

And of course, Piggots Bullets smashes their game in hand 4-1. I'd really rather face them than Freemansville in the playoffs.

@ Grenades (8th)
G: Lloyd George
D: Brentton Kirwan/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago
M: Luke Simon/Elvis Williams/Jermaine George
S: Chesley Willett/Kelly Matthew/Kelly Nesbitt

Interestingly enough, there's a scenario that involves Freemansville winning the promotion spot, but that involves them winning, Piggots Bullets losing, and us drawing or tying.

We need to win here if we want the promotion spot. A tie or loss and we can only finish 3rd.

14 - Brilliant header clearance by Derrick to Simon, and the counter concludes with Nesbitt taking the wingout and centering to Matthew in the half-circle. Three step dribble, and BAM! 1-0

56 - We switch to a 3-1-3-3 DM, with Derrick coming off and Abraham as DM

71 - Williams moves to MR and Jahraldo-Martin steps in as MC. After some debate, I put Lloyd Simon in at DR as well.

76 - Kirwan passes to Jahraldo-Martin, and before the two defenders can close in, he skims the ball to Willett for the center to Matthew. And there's another brilliant distance shot, this one from 25 yards!!!! 2-0

77 - The ball is cleared, but Jahraldo-Martin intercepts in the half-circle, dribbles into the box, and fires a shot. The keeper comes out to push it away, and it falls to Nesbitt, who has to bounce it off his knee. But once he's got control, he drills it behind the slow to come back keeper for his 20th goal of the year!!!!!!! 3-0

Rowan Jahraldo-Martin had a 7.0 off the bench, too. Honestly, it felt like these guys were playing not to lose, rather than to win, as they employed a 2 DM formation - first time I've seen that.

And Five Islands pulls off the 2-1 road upset of Piggots Bullets!!! WE'RE GOING TO THE PREMIER LEAGUE!!!!!!!!!!!

For the first time ever, I'll be in the top league of a country!!!!!!! (Granted, it's Antigua & Barbuda, and there's only two playable leagues, but still...)

After the heartbreak of narrowly missing out on the playoff promotion last season when I came in late during last year, to capture going up in my second season in such a beautiful thing.

We have 3 new players come into the club, as well as our youth pulls under our new Head of Youth Development.

More on all that and the FA Cup Semi-Final to come next time.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote