View Single Post
Old 06-19-2018, 07:16 AM   #37
Izulde
Head Coach

Transfer In - DM/MC Victor Matthew (18) - From Empire FC
Earning $3k per year through 2020 and I'm thrilled to get him. He's been a star for a bad team - 14 Tackling, 12 Decisions and Determination, 10 Teamwork, 11 Work Rate. The only knock on him is that he's bad physically outside of 13 Natural Fitness, but he's far and away our best MC and DM.

Transfer In - MLC/AML Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin (17) - From Potter's Tigers
Also earning $3k a year through 2020. 11 Acceleration, 10 Pace, 14 Flair, and he's a better crosser than Luke Simon. It's going to be an interesting battle between those two for the starting ML spot. I'll stick with Simon for now, but it's very close. Oh, and he also has 12 Leadership.

Transfer In - DRC Rolston Benjamin (17) - From Empire FC - $50 P/A
It's a shame he didn't want to sign a guaranteed deal, because he's our best DR by far. 14 Decisions, 18 Teamwork!, 13 Work Rate, 12 Balance, Jumping Reach, and Natural Fitness. Like Matthew, he's been really good for a poor team.

A couple teams are inquiring about Lloyd Simon. Wanting him back are Urlings, and Five Islands also would love to have him. He's making $2.5k a year through the end of this season. After some debate, I decide to accept the offers.

@ Grenades (FA Cup Semi-Final)
G: Lloyd George
D: Brentton Kirwan/Anderson Derrick/Marc Jarvis/Janiel Santiago
M: Luke Simon/Victor Matthew/Jermaine George
S: Chesley Willett/Kelly Matthew/Kelly Nesbitt

16 - Kirwan throws in to Willett, gets it back, and sends a terrific ball into the box to Matthew. Shot's pushed away. Nesbitt has the rebound, but that's also deflected. No problem, as Nesbitt again gets the rebound and this time kicks it in! 1-0

28] - What utter horseshit. Jarvis is hit with a penalty and a yellow card. Derrick is also yellow carded for protesting the bullshit penalty. Lloyd George stops the PK but then they get two straight corner kicks and convert one 1-1

At the half we switch to a flat 4-4-2, with Willett off, Elvis Williams as the second MC. We also sit Derrick, slide Santiago to DC, and put Benjamin in at DR

77 - Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin jogs in at ML for Simon

86 - Nesbitt has the ball in the box, but he doesn't like his options, so he kicks out into space on the left side. Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin runs it down with nobody around him, dribbles to the touchline, and crosses for Matthew to smash in the header!!! 2-1

91 - You have GOT TO FUCKING BE KIDDING ME!!!! 2-2

121 - The bullshit continues with a double yellow for Kirwan. Un-fucking-believable.

PKs
George badly fooled... 0-1
Nesbitt scores.... 1-1
George is acting like he's being paid to throw the fucking game... 1-2
Kelly Matthew converts... 2-2
George keeps getting ripped.... 2-3
Victor Matthew can't control it and FUCK THIS GAME 2-3
George sucks ass. 2-4
Ranjae Jahraldo-Martin scores but who cares? 3-4
Yeah. 3-5

We got fucked HARD in this one. No two ways about it. And we continue to have horrible penalties luck, now 0-2 in my tenure.

In my rage, I fine Brentton Kirwan. He's upset, but we talk it out.

OH LOOK, THE FA DOESN'T SAY A DAMN THING ABOUT THE PENALTY! This is my shocked face.

Transfer Out - DLR Lloyd Simon - To Urlings - $4.2k contract
Ultimately, he just wasn't good enough for the next level, and he earns himself a nice payraise. Works out well for both sides.

Transfer In - DLR Terrence Lewis (19) - From Willikes - Free Transfer
We're paying him $3.5k a year and he's a huge upgrade at DL over Brentton Kirwan. 18 Teamwork! 13 Work Rate, 12 Acceleration, 11 Stamina, 15 Natural Fitness. Looked great in two cup games.

Transfer Out - DR/MR Walter Williams - To Five Islands - $2.4k contract
A little sad to see him go, as he was solid for us.

Jermaine George signs a contract that will keep him through 2021 with a $1k/year payraise. Ultimately, he was just too good to let walk just yet.

Transfer Out - ML Rowan Jahlrado-Martin - To Potter's Tigers - $2.5k contract
He had no interest in being here, and was already on the verge of being pushed out by a suddenly crowded ML situation. I'm good with it.

We release the following players:
GK Mikele Beckles
DC Molvin Hughes-Mason
MRC Alric Cochrane
DM/MC Eugene Jeremy
ST Quinton Kirwan
ST Calaum Henry

All of whom were never going to be good enough for the next level

Transfer Out - MR Reece Peters - To Villa Lions - Non-Contract
High upside player and former grey guy. Wanted to keep him, but he's probably better off going down and getting more match experience.

Freemansville wins the promotion playoffs, which doesn't make me happy. They're hell to play against.

Transfer Out - ST Junior Cochrane - To SAP FC - $2.5k contract
I tried to keep him, but he wasn't interested in committing to us. Now we're looking at a situation where we have just three strikers, and the 4-4-2 is our default.

Grenades upsets Old Road (ATG) to win the FA Cup. That could have been us

We were definitely keyed by our Kelly strikers.

Still a miracle season, despite all the frustrations and the FA Cup disappointment.

I opt not to sign any of our youth pulls - no one is good enough.

Exciting news: Kelly Matthew gets his first callup to the senior team and could be capped. 9 other players are called up the U20 squad.

Transfer In - ST Bo Benjamin (18) - From Empire FC - Free Transfer
$3.5k a year through 2021 with 14 Finishing, 10 Free Kicks, 13 Flair, 10 Off the Ball, and 10 Acceleration. His work ethic is ass, but he's an extremely talented player who immediately grades out as one of our top strikers, preserving the three striker setup for next season.

Transfer In - GK George Fredrick (18) - From Parham FC - Free Transfer
$3.5k a year through 2021. Struggled last year, but there's a lot to like about him - 10 Command of Area, 11 Handling, 17 Determination, and 14 Agility. He completely outclasses our other two keepers for sure.

Not surprised by any of this.

The board tries to screw me into a paycut, but I force a raise to $36.5k over my previous $34k. I re-sign most of my staff, but do get a huge scouting upgrade and leave a coach spot open.

Chairman Anderson Bailey might step aside, as there's an investor looking to buy the team. George Williams is willing to pay $35k.

Kelly Matthew gets his first cap for the Antigua & Barbuda national side!!!

Oh, which reminds me

Favored Personnel
Kelly Matthew
Chesley Willett
Molvin Hughes-Mason (Oops)

Favored Clubs - Fort Road
Kelly Matthew
Chesley Willett
Randolph Abraham
Anton Farrell

Nobody loves me

We lost $10.2k last season, a huge improvement over the $31k from the year before. Very small increase in sponsorship deal.

Young Warriors FC takes over Parham FC as the highest reputation club in the country, whilst we polevault to 6th on the strength of our promotion and FA Cup run.

Still more offseason decisions to make, but it's time for a break, and then off to work.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote