View Single Post
Old 08-04-2018, 08:35 PM   #26
Izulde
Head Coach

@ CA Nahn Dan (6th)
G: Dao Chi Chong
D: Fairoos Khanhoon Welgamage/Nguyen Van Tuan/Dang Tran Hoang Nhut/Truong Ahn Tuan
M: Tang Ngoc Anh/Dang Anh Tuan/Nguyen Van Phong
ST: Do Van Hau/Andrew Keen/Nugyen Van Tien

We get a road game. The team just -1 GD behind us gets a home game against the 7th place squad. 4th place team? Home game against the 5th team. So yeah, we get the shitty end of the stick as per usual.

29 - FUCK YOU POST!

39 - !!!!!@#$@$%!%%#$%!%!%! 0-1

41 - Van Phong taps right to DAT for the forward ball to Van Hau. Box feed to Keen and we strike back immediately 1-1

49 - We replace our FBs with Van Phuc and Fuckboi. I sure as shit hope that's the right decision.

60 - Van Vinh for Van Phong who has been total shit today

71 - i am going to smahogasofghgo9aw smfy uicksngolafhos keyboasufasdfnodhgwoghera 1-2

77 - Van Tien centers to Keen and the ball's kicked away, but Van Vinh atones for his earlier fucking stupidity kicking the god damn ball right into two defenders by putting away the equalizer 2-2

82 - FUCK! THE HOME TEAMS JUST SCORED! FUCK YOU SCHEDULERS!!!!

UTTER HORSESHIT YET AGAIN! WHOLE FUCKING SEASON IS A GOD DAMNED FUCKING WASTE!!!!

I'm so pissed at the loss and so tired of dealing with a team that lags far behind everyone else in resources and talent that I say fuck it and apply to a job my name is linked to - a very prestigious club in the division. ...Only that's not where I end up going, because I accept another offer instead that comes in sooner and has less pressure to live up to a reputation.

Ca Mau FC
They're based in Ca Mau, a city of 260k+ in the Mekong Delta region known for its Khmer temples, proximity to a mangrove famous for swamp cuisine, and for its amazing hotel restaurants. In short, you're not going to lack for allegedly great places to eat here.

As you can see, the club itself is largely a mid-tier squad and ranks 30th in Vietnam, ironically just behind Binh Phuoc, my old club that shot up the rakings.

I try to get Andrew Keen, but my old team wants $53k. Considering Ca Mau is financially stressed (they just took out a $250k loan and lost just shy of $100k last year, that's a nope).

I accept a couple above value transfer offers to clear the books some more, and a bunch more players left when their contracts expired shortly after I arrived. That's resulted in slashing the payroll from $231k to around $140k. Gate receipts last season totaled $35.5k, so we've still a long way to go before we can get there.

Loan In - MC Dang Anh Tuan (18) - From Dong Nai
You already know who this is - he starred for Binh Phuoc last season, and he's coming to Ca Mau to take over the same role in the same formation.

Transfer In - ST Do Van Hau (18) - Free agent signing - $11k
Yeah, we had to splash the cash, but 12 Finishing, 11 Work Rate, 11 Acceleration, 13 Pace, 14 Flair combo - oh and yes, he was the loanee who was so phenomenal for Binh Phuoc last year.

Transfer In - ST Selemani Ntibazonakiza (21) (Burundian)

Yes, that's a ridiculous amount of money. Yes, it makes him the highest paid player in the league next to Andrew Keen, who's making $17.5k after signing another contract (there's a few guys who are making $15k and $16.5k on other teams). But he's indisputably amazing and V-League 1 quality right now.

My captain and vice-captain don't really matter, because they'll change next year.

We sell 648 season tickets, two shy of last year's 650.

Qualifications Update
V-League 1: Asian Champions League Group Stage: 1 place; Asian Champions League Second Preliminary Round: 2 places

Vietnamese soccer is on the rise, y'all. They've never made the World Cup, but made the Asian Cup Quarterfinals in 2007 and have been very successful in the Asian Championship, regularly advancing deep.

Gross. One of our youth players signed a disgusting incentive-laden deal before I got here. He's going bye ASAP.

The shitty part about being in South Vietnam is that there's no one who's willing to come play here in friendlies except for one crappy team, so we have to rotate a 3 week cycle between U-21, U-19, and crappy team in a long, long, long preseason.

Promotion Odds
At 80-1, we don't even make the sheet. We're projected to finish 7th, with Bin Phuoc tabbed to drop despite those sexy Americans I brought in there.

@ Viettel
G: Hoang Thanh Tung
D: Nguyen Van Thanh/Phan Anh Tuan/Nguyen Thanh Hai/Dao Tien Dung
MC: Van Von Loi/Idrissa Ngounou (Nigerien - aka Niger not Nigeria)/Dang Anh Tuan
S: Do Van Hau/Selemani Ntibazonakiza/Nguyen Thanh Nam

Note: To save myself typing, I'll refer to our Burundi star (also captain of the national team) as Selemani in a departure from last name usage.

24 - Nguyen Van Thanh makes an amazing takeaway deep on the left side and shoots it down the flank for Van Hau. My star loanee for Binh Phuoc, now studly striker for us, tears past the defense and races down the sideline before centering to Selemani for the header in and the debut goal!!! 1-0

30 - Nguyen Van Thanh intercepts the ball on a booming goal kick and passes to Van Loi. Beautiful ground feed to Van Hau and he's off to the races again on the left side. Center to Selemani and header goal #2. That's why I'm paying $36k for those two guys - a little more than our gate receipts last season and over 1/3rd of our total $100,151 wage bill 2-0

77 - Nguyen Anh Koa comes on for tired Selemani

Selemani Ntibazonakiza is the obvious Player of the Match with a 9.0 debut, but credit also to Do Van Hau's 8.4 and Van Van Loi's 7.6. Very solid, strong all-around opening victory - a departure from how Ca Mau usually performs in the first game of the season. Our Burundi super striker and Van Van Loi make the Team of the Week, alongside our Nigerien.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote