View Single Post
Old 08-13-2018, 06:03 AM   #38
Izulde
Head Coach

With nothing left to play for, I'll just recap the last three games.

vs Quang Ninh: 1-1 D
Would have been a 1-0 win, but Nguyen Van Thanh gave up a PK.

@ DT Long An: 2-5 L
Hat trick by Andrew Keen and a generally shitty all-around performance.

vs: Quang Nam: 1-1 D
We led the whole game and then collapsed at the end.

Hai Phong pulled off the treble - V-League 1 win, Asian Confederations Cup win, Vietnamese Super Cup win.

Fans Player of the Year
Dang Anh Tuan: 34%
Yaovi Soglo: 28%
Dinesh Singh: 22%

I think Yaovi Soglo is the only person I don't have transfer-listed. We lost $175.4k last season, so we'll be looking to slash payroll. On the plus side, our primary sponsor jumped from $9.37k to $43k, which is going to be a huge help.

The board increases the payroll to $692.1k a year, no doubt banking on a improvement from last season's $153.9k gate receipts. I'm not willing to do the same. We're also not bringing back any of our loan players, because their clubs all expect us to pay their salary. Fuck that.

Extension - AMC/ST Christos Goumas (19) (Greek) - Through 2023
$9.5k or $10k per year for the next two years. He had a 6.99 average rating in 19 appearances with 7 goals for Binh Dinh, which won the V-League 2 by 2 points. He'll play a role next season for us.

Transfer Out - ST Selemani Ntibazonkiza (23) (Burundian) - To Hai Phong - $23.5k with potential to be $37.5k or more
Had to do it. He just wasn't producing the way someone that expensive should be, and it frees up a foreigner spot that Goumas can slip into.

Transfer Out - DC Ngo Van Thuan (25) - To Hanoi T&T - $6.5k and maybe $8.25k
Spent $15k on him initially, so this guy was a huge bust. Definitely ate it on this one.

Transfer Out - DLC Phan Anh Tuan (26) - To Hue - $5.75k maybe $6.75k
Our team captain the last two seasons, he was part of that terrible backline.

Transfer Out - DL Vo Huu Dung (17) - To Da Nang - $7.5k to maybe $10k
We could have thrown him to the wolves and built him, but considering his value was like $725, this was too much to resist.

Transfer Out - MC/AMC Dinesh Singh (22) (Nepali) - To Ha Noi T&T - $11k and maybe $14k
We had strong indications that he wasn't going to pan out how we expected him to, so he was an easy one to let go in the end.

Transfer Out - DLCR Nguyen Van Viet (28) - To CA Nhan Dan - $5.5k
He was an okay backup, but we're purging salary left and right.

So after all those departures, we're at 13 players under contract with a $140k wage bill.

Our reputation has improved to 16th in Vietnam, but that's still not good enough for people to come join us. It's going to be a very tough row to hoe for another year, and we'll frankly be lucky to avoid the drop - most of our top talent has left the building.

Transfer In - DC/DM/MC Tran Minh Loi (33) - Free Transfer - From Who Cares
$9.5k signing as one year veteran stopgap, so I'm not going to delve into his ratings.

Rookie Writer of the Year
Dynasty of the Year: May Our Reign Be Green and Golden (CK Dynasty)
Izulde is offline   Reply With Quote