View Single Post
Old 11-20-2018, 02:48 PM   #53
Ben E Lou
Morgado's Favorite Forum Fascist

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ben E Lou View Post
SQUASH AND ZUCCHINI--Seeds. These were doing great early on, then suffered the great groundhog attack. They came back strong and produced a solid crop until squash bugs and squash vine borers destroyed them completely. I'm considering going non-organic with these next year by just using good ol' Sevin dust.
So, methinks I'm going to stick with organic for at least one more season. Upon further reading and discussion, I think I'm going to try a bit more companion planting along with a combination of Neem Oil and insecticidal soap to combat those nasty buggers.

I turned piles #2 and #3 completely yesterday. And by "turned completely," I mean that I actually moved them over a few feet, essentially creating new piles where what was on the bottom is now on top. I'll do the same for #1 this evening. #2 definitely is moving seriously toward being usable compost. I'd imagine that #1, especially near the middle, is going to be heavily decomposed.