View Single Post
Old 02-17-2015, 12:10 PM   #439
GoldenEagle
Grizzled Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chief Rum View Post
I see The Jackal, Grover and saldana together as having all the requisite pieces, but no one has all of them.

The Jackal has the theories down for what is needed to construct viable facilities on Mars. Grover has the experience and training to understand the requirements humans need in harsh environments. Saldana has the structural and organizational knowledge needed to design and build the facilities.

I think we should pick the one who is best to lead from the position, and figure the other two will help out.

Again, neither one of these candidates are impressive as the primary engineer. They basically do the same thing. I think I should be elected as the primary engineer. I am a computer programmer by trade. We are going to need to deep analysis of what will work on Mars. These guys would be fine if we were doing this on Earth where proven technologies work.

I can write programs that can analyze the soil, wind speed, temperature, etc. in order to build optimal structures. I don't think either Grover or Saldana can do that.

I once again want to stress we are going to an unknown environment. Science HAS to be first.