Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 08-09-2005, 08:25 AM   #132
PilotMan
Head Coach

Third week of February, 2006

Fight Night

Lee Drydon is going for his second career win. He takes on Rene Dominguez. Dominguez is a lot like Lee. A fighter with a big potential, but he has been killed in his 3 pro fights getting TKOed in each one.

Lee will need to watch for his power, and he can end it quick, but his weakness is his chin and body. He can’t handle the barrage that some fighter can lay out. We are going to be careful, and try and grab another win for Drydon.

Drydon is the favorite as the odds on him are 4/7, while Dominguez is 6/4.

Here is a preview of other fights this week:

1) Featherweight FOY - Calvin Calvert 18-3-0(16) #2 v. Willie Pep 231-12-1(66) #12

Calvert scored a win in his last fight over Ray O’ Reagan on points and Pep lost on points to Armando Medina. Pep is past his prime and Calvert is in his. This looks like a mismatch but the oddsmakers disagree. Pep is the favorite at 2/5, while the odds on Calvert are 2/1. I might make some money on this one.

2) Former Lightweight Champ Melvin Horne 8-7-0(8) #6 v. Barney Ross 73-4-3(22) #12

Horne is fighting for the first time since losing the title last year. Ross only fought one time last year. It was a split decision win over Calvin Freake. He was ranked #40 at the time. This is a big opportunity for Ross, many think him unable to hang with the former champ. While many think the former champ was a paper lion. Ross is the favorite of the bookies at ½, while Horne goes off at 7/4. I may lay a small bet on Horne. I am leery though.

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote