View Single Post
Old 07-25-2005, 05:01 PM   #255
Swaggs
Coordinator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine
Hmm, Swaggs, I see some problems here.

1) Hoopsguy voted for Blade /before/ he "verified" his role, not after, like a half hour before.

2) Keep in mind that you voted for Blade yesterday with a middle "safe" vote.

3) You're trying to throw suspicion on someone I think pretty likely to be a grunt, since he was the first one to mention it before the aliens converted anyone.

4) Isn't it more likely that the aliens would have ignored a known grunt and tried to shoot for someone with special powers? I know I would have. Each grunt that identifies himself only makes their job easier.

5) You suggested that Fouts give up details of his role, I'm not sure any villager would want that as it would make him alient bait. Of course you could both be aliens, so this is a fairly weak reason, that's why its last.

unvote Fouts
vote Swaggs

Any defense?

1.) hoopsguy immediately and correctly identified Schmidty as a fellow grunt shortly after Schmidty's fate was sealed and Schmidty used the word "grunt".

2.) Keep in mind it was the first day in voting and you cannot form a pattern from one event.

3.) Blade6119 has given up his role/powers and hoopsguy seemed to confirm that what he said was correct. Yet hoopsguy voted for Blade6119 with what I consider shaky evidence.

4.) I disagree. hoopsguy outted himself last night as a "good guy." That makes him unlikely to be lynched and, thus, makes the aliens more likely to be selected in a lynching. Also, identifying himself as a grunt let the aliens know that he would be an easy kill/convert, as he wouldn't have a counterstrike or do anything random. In the game that I was a werewolf, I know I preferred getting the numbers more to my liking before doing anything random.

5.) I have my reasons for asking Fouts about his role based on some of his wording.
Swaggs is offline   Reply With Quote