View Single Post
Old 05-02-2006, 08:30 AM   #168
Abe Sargent
Hall Of Famer

Yesterday was a British holiday so I spoke with the H&R representative on the phone just now. I found it to be very discouraging.

I am one of nine candidates to get this interview, and they will hire one of us. As such, the chance of me being the best candidate is just 11%, by the numbers.

They will not do a phone interview, just a personal one. That means I would have to fly the Atlantic on my own dime in order to get an interview that, at best, I have an 11% chance of being the best candidate.

EVen if I am the best candidate, there is some doubt if they would offer me the job, because of my international status.

And finally, the H&R rep said that the likelihood of me getting an work permit for this job is small. They have applied for work permits for similar jobs in teh past and been turned down.

All of which puts me at a crossroads.

Is this just a pipe dream? Should I send an e-mail to LSBU thanking them for the opportunity but declining the interview? Should I decide to end my hopes of ever living and working in London? Or should I put out a thousand of my own dollars to interview for a job that, frankly, I probably won't be offered and even if I am I probably won't get a work permit for according to this H&R rep?

Is this all just a dream?

-Anxiety

https://www.coolstuffinc.com/a/?action=search&page=1&author[]=Abe%20Sargent
Abe Sargent is offline   Reply With Quote