Thread: Punishment Inc.
View Single Post
Old 07-18-2005, 10:47 AM   #36
PilotMan
Head Coach

Stop reading so damn loud. My head is killing me. What the .....Oh yeah, now I remember. I guess Omar had his chin tested and he failed miserably. I will need to be more careful with his next opponent. I talked with him today and he is sore. He looks like he is in rough shape. I bet his night was as good as mine. It is going to be a little while before he is going to fight again.

In the meantime I need to talk to someone about Lawrence. Up a few slots from him ranked at #62 is John Fanshaw. His record right now is 15-8-0 (7). He didn’t do much in his last fight, and 8th round loss, where he was TKOed against Randolph Turpin. He has a good chin and likes to bring the fight to you. He is quite accurate with his punches. His downfall is that power is not going to be a problem and that he is weak defensively. On top of that there are questions about his heart. He is going to be a challenge for McFarlane, but worth it. I call his manager and suggest a match for the last week of August. They like the idea and the fight is booked.

I am finally going to let McFarlane loose on the heavy bag. He is going to lift, run, work the speed bag and work on a Callisthenics program. I think that he needs to focus on his raw ability in order to get through this one. We have some time so I hope that he will have time for his training to really take effect.

In a heavyweight match Jack Sharkey 38-14-3(14) is taking on Max Baer 70-13-0(52). Both fighters are coming off of losses. Sharkey was TKOed by Max Schmeling and Baer was Koed in the first by Riddick Bowe. Neither fighter is ranked in the top 50 but it should be entertaining anyway. The odds favor Sharkey at 4/6 while the odds on Baer are 5/4.

I have 100k riding on a Bantamweight fight beween Les Leigh and Gaby Canizales. Canizales is way past his prime and Leigh is on the way up, undefeated with 10 wins, no defeats and 10 wins by KO. The odds are at 1/10, so even if I win it only will be 10k. But it is a sure thing, right?

Like Steam?
Join the FOFC Steam group here: http://steamcommunity.com/groups/FOFConSteam

PilotMan is offline   Reply With Quote