View Single Post
Old 09-03-2011, 10:48 PM   #724
Radii
Head Coach

-- Nottingham Forest approach my current Youth Coach and offer him a job as their youth coach. I guess that means I did a good job hiring my youth coach! They're not having a good year and are serious relegation candidates as well but I assume he'll take it.

-- A few days later our youth coach does leave. We get $85,000 in compensation.

-- I bring on a new youth coach quickly, and damn there are guys out there better than ours that I just didn't work hard enough to go find at each spot. For $100k and $1200/wk I sign the youth coach away from West Brom, a team that demoted down to the Championship last year. Dan Ashworth is a Regionally known coach. 20 Working with Youngsters, 17 Man Management, 14 determination, 16 discipline, 14 motivating. Seems really strong!

December 23nd, 2018

Ipswich(2-2-13, 19th) @ Liverpoo(10th)

"Ipswich Face the Impossible" is the headline as the odds are revealed today. Much like Man City and Man U, Liverpool aren't at the top of the table right now but they're still ridiculously talented. They're 1:6 favorites at their house making us 10:1 to win and 5:1 to even get a point. We play again in 3 days against Nottingham Forest, the team currently in 17th. We're going to rest anyone who needs it this match to make sure we're up for the next one.

GK: Murphy
D: Kirkland/Fryers/Brown/McKerr
M: Guarin/Yebda/Newman/Coutts
AMC: Kang
ST: Lewis

Liverpool are led by Lauri Dalla Valle, a 27 y/o worth $19M who has 9 goals in 12 matches. Midfielder Moussa Sissoko is identified as their dangerman, he's worth $28M and is 29 y/o. He's got a 7.27 rating in 21 matches across all competitions wit 4 goals/5 assists.

I use 3 backup midfielders to give Mariga and Donnelly and Gordon a rest today. Rob Lewis gets the start up front.

3': Reserve MC Dave Newman rockets a shot from 20 yards away after about 4 passes of buildup that just goes over.. that would have been a wild goal.

15': Next highlight is theirs and not until 15 minutes in... Sissoko puts it forward, Fryers clears but its back to Sissoko, he puts in another through ball and midfielder Mollo is there, free in the area for a clear cut chance. Murphy can do nothing about this one. 0-1

24': They work the ball up the left side, there's a pass from one striker to the other, Andy Bailey takes a pretty soft shot from 18 yards out but its inch perfect into the right side of the net... seems like Murphy should have been able to get that though, it just wasn't struck that strongly. 0-2

42': Goal #3 comes as their star striker Dalla Valle rockets one.. i dunno, its like a QB scrambling right and throwing back across his body, he receives a pass cutting to the left side of the area, he's still going that direction, strikes it with ridiculous pace into the right side of the net by a diving Murphy. 0-3

HALF: Lets get this one over with.

58': Wheeeeeeeee. Rob Lewis controls a ball 35 yards out and reserve MC Dave Newman is streaking to the goal, Liverpool are... well probably bored, but they're also really out of position leaving a giant hole that Newman can get in while remaining onsides. Lewis puts the ball forward, Newman runs onto it and he shoots from 15 yards out and sends it by their keeper!!! 1-3

74': Their midfielder Mollo gets his second goal, receiving a pass 20 yards out a bit out to the left of center, cutting inside and rocketing a shot by Murphy. 1-4

85': A backup striker gets one from 25 yards out almost the exact same way as goal #4, turn to the right, launches it, Murphy can't stop it. I'm hoping our new keeper will do a better job at stopping these types of shots. 1-5

Liverpool 5 : 1 Ipswich

The good news is that we injured 3 of their players including their keeper during the match.

Goal: Newman (7.2)
Assist: Lewis (6.5)

Murphy 5.7, Kirkland 5.1, Brown 5.8, Fryers 5.1, Guarin 5.3, Yebda 5.1, Kang 5.6.
Radii is offline   Reply With Quote